Mash Responsibilities & Parenting

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
3 Star User

Mash Responsibilities & Parenting

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:41 am

At what age can a parent turn down their youngest daughters legit technically perfect idea for a mash based on the fact that they hate both artists?

This is a difficult question that many Mash producers will possibly find themselves facing in later life...

My youngest was listening to a cover of Super Bass by some YT weeb, when suddenly she says "Hey Dad, super bass baby", so I'm like what thinking she's just being cute / funny, then I get a sinking feeling as she says yea Beiber's Baby and Super Bass are a perfect mash...

Ok - it was followed by some pride as we YouTube 2 window mashed them and it was indeed a great fit, but now I'm facing a moral dilemma - mash the Beiber with OR face the reality that my youngest will undoubtedly be bringing me up in therapy later in life. :1cry:

Don't have kids ppl - they lead to life changing compromises :1laugh:

2 Star User

Re: Mash Responsibilities & Parenting

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:56 am

If the idea is technically legit, I see no problem in making the mashup anyway. Remember your daughters will pick your retirement home, or ask you to come live with them in their houses later on.
Of course, if there is any Bieber involved (let's all hope he does not have a younger brother), all means are allowed to prove that the combo is not legit. Be careful that you do NOT mention something that will prevent you - because she will remember it and use it against you - from certain future combo's you like to make yourself. Things like "two girl singers can't go together", "there is a 30 year age difference between the two (songs)", "country and reggae don't mix".
But when the suggestion even sounds good enough with two Youtube instances at once (I sometimes play one WAV-track in VLC player and the other MP3-track in Media Player, pause buttoning to compensate the faster one for rough versions), I fear you have to submit to her acceptable wishes.
Another way is to encourage her that it is a great idea, but too difficult for you and that she should try it herself. That way (1) we get a new Mashstix-attributor or (2) she gives up and will never listen to, or talk about mashups again. :1wink:

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 pm

SgtMash wrote:...we YouTube 2 window mashed them and it was indeed a great fit...

The very first thing that springs to mind then is that maybe - just maybe - someone has done it before.

If the prospect of actually making this mashup seems like a sure recipe for mental pain and anguish and years of therapy for yourself, the phrase "Google is your friend" might never have been more apt. :1wink: You might yet be off the hook!

All jokes aside, it sounds like a lot of fun making mashups with your kids. You're a lucky guy. :1cool:

3 Star User

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:22 am

Yea - in reality I'm just please either teen does more than shout or grunt at me, so I'm a fake Belieber 4 a day or so I guess, then I'll do a speech on having given it my best shot (Important to try in life), but there's some key issues :1laugh:

2 Star User

Post Tue May 22, 2018 3:53 pm

Actually, I face similar situation with my 3 cousins, especially with my youngest nephew, since he's still developing musical taste. But, so far, they love my mashes, mostly the Crumplbanger ones.

So, it depends of how well you manage the explanation of the meaning of "mashing worlds"
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Return to Stix chat