Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:49 am

Rough idea, but the biggest question here is, even if it was perfectly constructed, would it even be something you'd want to hear?

No Flash Installed

I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 am

YITT wrote:Rough idea, but the biggest question here is, even if it was perfectly constructed, would it even be something you'd want to hear?

In my humble opinion, I would walk away from this combination and look for an instrumental that works better.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Post Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:49 am

It sounds like a garage band from your neighborhood ? Ive never heard any of this before, i think?
To state your sources would be a good beginning YITT :1laugh:
Have no ide what im listning to.. :1angry:

Post Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:23 am

Dj-Legato wrote:It sounds like a garage band from your neighborhood ? Ive never heard any of this before, i think?
To state your sources would be a good beginning YITT :1laugh:
Have no ide what im listning to.. :1angry:

Comix Zone - https://youtu.be/hyyutNbEgiE

Nirvana - Sliver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QECJ9pCyhns

Comix Zone was a SEGA Genesis video game that came out in 1995, and was the first (and probably only) video game to have a grunge style SEGA bitmusic soundtrack. I'd wanted to mix some Nirvana with any of that soundtrack for awhile, and finally found a good fitting Nirvana song.
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

3 Star User

Post Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:24 am

I can hear it. think it'll be one of those ones that even bang on the vocals gonna seem to drag a bit energy-wise against the mental maybe. Then I can hear it with the vocals and wind atmospherics like in Silver Machine: https://youtu.be/IfniG-AdSC4

Thats would really bed 'em together imo :1cool:

2 Star User

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Suddenly i heard this one on my radio.. "the power of love by Celine Dione" and after hearing Milys Malibu over and over for the past couple of months.. I tough this would be a great mashup.
However when i tried to pair them, it was not as easy as i thought :1cry:
Sources:
Celine Dione - The power of love (mental) (pella)
Mily Cyrus - Malibu (pella)

I will of course try to phrase them better and probably ad some more Celine vocals in there :1wink:
The last part where the Celine vocals com in, its just a test on the harmonic, the phrase is off.
The levels and the Eq also needs some work.. this is an A+B draft.. :1embarassed:

So! is it worth it ?

No Flash Installed

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:11 am

Dj-Legato wrote:
So! is it worth it ?

When she finally starts singing, sounds worth it to me! Vocals sound really nicely mixed, already, too.
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

2 Star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:33 am

Metallica's Whiskey In The Jar with Katy's Last Friday Night... what do you think?
The Instrumental was DIY'ed by myself, even though there may be some flaws on EQ'ing... lemme know your thoughts :1smiley:

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (vocals)
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar (instrumental)

Is It Worth it?

No Flash Installed

Last edited by GladiLord on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

2 Star User

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky) - Opinions

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:43 am

And before I leave my Two Cents on the table, just let me say that all mashups in demo mode here were pretty solid, even though that I have these to say:

- Leggato's mash with Miley and Celine Dion sounding great, it ressembles more of a Crumplbanger than a serious mash itself, therefore it would be hardly a FP contender, unless you could find a 3rd source to add on it :1wink: ;
- satis5d (and i need you to answer me this ASAP): is your Disney Love Story mashup done? If not, you should do it; it sounded something I would do. :1laugh:

See ya next month! (on this thread) ^^
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

2 Star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:03 am

v1 - Tom Petty - Won't Back Down (pitch +2) + Miley Cyrus - Younger Now (original pitch)

No Flash Installed

v2 - Tom Petty - Won't Back Down (pitch -2) + Miley Cyrus - Younger Now (pitch +1)

No Flash Installed

I'm pretty torn up about this combo. I can't really tell the key for Tom Petty's song (RIP), but I think in v1 it is a fifth apart from Miley while v2 they are both in the same key. However, in v1, both vocals' energies(is this a right term to say it?) are matched up and compliment each other pretty good while in v2 they are just... meh?

I don't know, is this idea even worth it for me to continue putting work into it or should I just leave it as a novelty mashup and move on?
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

PreviousNext

Return to Stix chat