NEW Version Of stix up

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges

Re: NEW Version Of stix up

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Hey Paul, awesome now look of the site! Very cool

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:33 am

Desktop (both Chrome & IE11):

- When selecting the Beatport ad banner links, they open in the same tab rather than a new tab so it results in being taken away from the Mashstix site.

unfortunatly, thats out of my hands as that is what they pay for

- The text font size next to the ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ title i.e. page number, ‘sorted by...’, and ‘URL History’ appear quite small and not very prominent, using default 100% view.

I see what you mean... they are now uppercased and slightly more bold

- If you are on the ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ section and have a mashup playlist link showing in your ‘URL History’ as being the last page you visited, after clicking on this link, the mashup playlist title incorrectly reads as ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ – and vice versa that if you are on the ‘Mashup Playlists’ section and the link in your ‘URL History’ as being the last page you visited is either ‘page=1’ or ‘sort by plays’ etc., after clicking it, it will display the title on the ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ section as ‘Mashup Playlists’ instead. This same title issue also happens with the search term result link after it appears and is selected via ‘URL History’.

fixed everything accept search labels

to be cont' ...

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:37 am

- The mashup track title doesn't display in full when the playlist overlay is expanded to its full view with mouse hover.

not sure i want it to as the titles on this site are gigantic

- Visitors to the site may think the Frontpaged track image is clickable as the mouse pointer symbol/icon is displayed still when hovered over within inside the tile area.

fixed

- The stated number for career frontpaged mashups (highlighted in red next to producer's name) when hovering on a track doesn't inform or explain to you what this is or means (i.e. it being the producer’s profile page), until after clicking on the number. Perhaps also the producer's name beside the number in red could be selectable as well to view their profile?

fixed

to be cont' ...

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Nice work Paul, looks really good :1smiley:

Oh and it works on my iPhone also!

1 star User

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:31 pm

How do I get the link for a specific mashup, so I can send it to someone? We previously had a link to a 'big' version of each specific mashup which played the song.

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Paul Stix wrote:DJ CROSSABILITY, awesome job dude! and what a giant bug list... I'm going to have to go over it with a fine toothed comb today

No problem, yeah I got carried away a bit there! :1laugh:

Another one I noticed is to do with when you reduce the browser window in size and then maximise it back again afterwards, as for both Chrome and IE11 the Frontpaged mashup tiles judder/stutter when changing to align back to their original position on the page, as well as they don't always revert back at all to how the layout was for them, and remain in a single column when the window is changed back to maximise.
DJ Firth wrote: Oh and it works on my iPhone also!

Paul, for the bugs I commented about on iPhone 4, maybe this is to do with me not having the latest iOS installed? - I will have to update my phone to check this out. If it is the case then maybe you could put a popup when the page loads advising to update to latest iOS to view the site properly and in its correct form as it's not fully compatible with older versions?
BlueVanDyke wrote:How do I get the link for a specific mashup, so I can send it to someone? We previously had a link to a 'big' version of each specific mashup which played the song.

Paul, perhaps you could add some social media share icon links to the bottom of each frontpaged mashup's tile?

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm either a blind dickbutt or Paul recently added a 'big' link to the top left of each song. Thanks.

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:26 am

DJ CROSSABILITY wrote:Another one I noticed is to do with when you reduce the browser window in size and then maximise it back again afterwards, as for both Chrome and IE11 the Frontpaged mashup tiles judder/stutter when changing to align back to their original position on the page, as well as they don't always revert back at all to how the layout was for them, and remain in a single column when the window is changed back to maximise.

I've been having trouble with simple media queries (change layouts depending on browser width)... for some reason... I'll keep working on it

DJ CROSSABILITY wrote:Paul, for the bugs I commented about on iPhone 4, maybe this is to do with me not having the latest iOS installed? - I will have to update my phone to check this out. If it is the case then maybe you could put a popup when the page loads advising to update to latest iOS to view the site properly and in its correct form as it's not fully compatible with older versions?

don't know if mobile works for either android or iphone as I haven't written anything for it yet... I'm guessing it looks crappy atm. mobile will be addressed last

DJ CROSSABILITY wrote:Paul, perhaps you could add some social media share icon links to the bottom of each frontpaged mashup's tile?

on the todo list. And thank you again for taking the time to find so many bugs :1smiley:

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:29 am

BlueVanDyke wrote:I'm either a blind dickbutt or Paul recently added a 'big' link to the top left of each song. Thanks.

despite numerous rumors, you are not a blind dickbutt... as your suggestion has been taken into account and I'm almost finished implementing it. Thank you for the feedback

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 am

ok I reworked the individual track pages...

ex. http://www.mashstix.com/004482

you can either click the "big" on track hover or directly from a url (each track has a unique stix number)

than the page loads that track and all the forum comments... you can go to the NEXT or PREV track so it should be another way to browse the site... also you can c&p the link into facebook and all the tags for the track will fill... so you can share

that is all for now :1smiley:

- Paul Stix

PreviousNext

Return to Stix chat