NEW Version Of stix up

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
Site Admin

NEW Version Of stix up

Post Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:58 am

PLEASE REPORT SITE BUGS/COMMENTS/FEEDBACK HERE
----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see the new site went live today (March 11th) and I'd really appreciate any bugs or comments from you guys. I've been working on the new site when I had a minute here or there and I think it turned out pretty good... all custom from the first line of code of course. I'll also answer any questions anybody might have or suggestions for making the site better.

Some key changes...
- The site is now one giant persistent music player..
- ability to play things as a playlist... drag, drop, switch, delete.
- ability to save playlists publicly or privately (in case you are embarrassed that you like One Direction)

Thats the major ones and I hope you like the new one page app style of this latest version.

EDITED (03/17): BUG LIST:
1) IE: some overlays aren't hidden when navigating to different page
2) IE: forms have some wacky css going on
3) URL history for SEARCH labels needs rework
4) Media quaries with track tiles need retweak
5) Add direct share button for FB
6) Complete "big" individual track button/meta and labels - almost done

FIXED:
(*)Cool Header effect isn't supported in any version of IE - FIXED (static in IE and dynamic everywhere else)
(*) Search function breaks when using spaces - FIXED

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Paul Stix

2 Star User

Re: NEW Version Of stix up

Post Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:37 am

I love the new version there are a lot more things that you can do now and i am glad that I am number 10 on the top ten most fped mashers!!!!!!! :1grin: :1grin: :1grin: :1grin: :1grin:
Brewing up some of your favorite morning mixes.

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:40 am

It looks so cool! I love the modern feel of the overall look, and the new implementation of the recent post list is especially nice looking *gives a thumbs up*

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:00 am

Really liking the new look. And congrats on the persistent player! Looks like it was a lot of hard work and it's paying off!

One bug I did notice was that search input seems to remove spaces and treat it as one word to match tracks. For example, "Katy Perry" will bring back 0 results, but "Katy" will bring back 50 and include numerous tracks that have Katy Perry.

Other than that, everything's real slick!

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:39 am

Thanks for the kind words and feedback fellas!

Oh, and please state your browser if you found a bug.

The search... yep I'm going to have to fix that. Btw, I'll be sticking bugs in the 1st post of this thread.

2 Star User

Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:48 am

With we be able to know if a person puts song of ares in their playlist.
Brewing up some of your favorite morning mixes.

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:17 am

DJ J-Brew wrote:With we be able to know if a person puts song of ares in their playlist.

why would that be a thing? but thanks for your suggestion :1smiley:

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi Paul

Hopefully I should be able to help a bit with some input here seeing as my current job includes testing the functionality of websites! :1grin: So some issues I've noticed:

Desktop (both Chrome & IE11):

- When selecting the Beatport ad banner links, they open in the same tab rather than a new tab so it results in being taken away from the Mashstix site.

- The text font size next to the ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ title i.e. page number, ‘sorted by...’, and ‘URL History’ appear quite small and not very prominent, using default 100% view.

- If you are on the ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ section and have a mashup playlist link showing in your ‘URL History’ as being the last page you visited, after clicking on this link, the mashup playlist title incorrectly reads as ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ – and vice versa that if you are on the ‘Mashup Playlists’ section and the link in your ‘URL History’ as being the last page you visited is either ‘page=1’ or ‘sort by plays’ etc., after clicking it, it will display the title on the ‘Frontpaged Mashups’ section as ‘Mashup Playlists’ instead. This same title issue also happens with the search term result link after it appears and is selected via ‘URL History’.

- The mashup track title doesn't display in full when the playlist overlay is expanded to its full view with mouse hover.

- Visitors to the site may think the Frontpaged track image is clickable as the mouse pointer symbol/icon is displayed still when hovered over within inside the tile area.

- The stated number for career frontpaged mashups (highlighted in red next to producer's name) when hovering on a track doesn't inform or explain to you what this is or means (i.e. it being the producer’s profile page), until after clicking on the number. Perhaps also the producer's name beside the number in red could be selectable as well to view their profile?

- ‘The forum’ dropdown menu option – ‘submit forum’ doesn’t seem to fully describe that you can submit your mashups here, plus in general there isn’t anywhere on the main site page that’s advertising/promoting the fact that you can submit your mashups, when that’s one of the key elements and purpose of the site.

- No mashstix logo favicon seen after bookmarking to favorites.

- Clicking on the browser’s back button can occasionally cause 404 page errors.

- Perhaps the ‘loading Mashstix’ animation could be positioned centrally in the middle of the screen rather than top left hand corner to appear more prominent and visible?

- Also perhaps an option to allow you to type in a specific page number to view rather than just clicking next/previous page?

Desktop (only IE11):

I’m guessing that ‘3) IE: forms have some wacky css going on’, from your list is this one?:
- After clicking to sign in, the input fields obscure the username and password titles. Plus the field areas display and overlap the outside of the white box.

- When adding a track to the playlist, the top one in the list has its play, delete, and download options cut from view.

Device – iPhone 4:

- ‘The Forum’ link is cut from view in the header menu bar.

- After scrolling down the page so that the header bar menu changes to the ‘page 1’, sorted by…’, ‘URL History’ options etc., they don’t display on the page correctly.

- The header menu bar takes up too much of the screen (especially in landscape orientation).

- User Profile icons in left hand column appear when playlist overlay is expanded.

- When the playlist overlay is fully expanded there is no way to close or exit this to go back to the site, unless you select to refresh the page.

- When the playlist tab is shown in its minimal view form on the right hand side (when there is a track added), it overlaps the main mashup tracks info details in the tiles.

- After opening the header menu dropdowns by selecting the dropdown titles to view its link options, when selecting the titles again to close it doesn’t respond, as well as after selecting a link in the dropdown and it completing loading, the dropdown menu stays open.

- Search box needs to be reduced in size as the text appears too big on the screen, as well as after submitting a search, the keyboard does not close automatically.

- 'Certified StiX - random popular mashups', 'Top 10 Most FPed Mashers', and 'Top 6 Chart' not appearing anywhere on the page.

P.S. I like the addition of the stats sections i.e. career total mashups on stix, Top 10 Most FPed Mashers and Top 6 Chart! :1cool:

P.P.S Any chance you could persuade someone to become a mod as it looks like most of the current ones have done a runner lol! :1tongue:

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:33 pm

OK one more bug squashed ...

Search function now works.... up to 4 words with spaces...

tested "katy perry", "maroon 5" and "katy"

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 pm

DJ CROSSABILITY, awesome job dude! and what a giant bug list... I'm going to have to go over it with a fine toothed comb today

Next

Return to Stix chat