My name's "......." and I'm a MashStix member.

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
1 star User

Re: My name's "......." and I'm a MashStix member.

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:27 am

Sherlock Poirot wrote:
richc100 wrote:Gonna keep this short and sweet, just like my bedroom habits (please come back Cynthia, i can go 20 seconds now!).

:1shocked:

:1laugh:
I do hope people know I'm joking, it's closer to 30 seconds :1grin: I don't think I've ever known anybody called Cynthia

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 am

Just copy/paste my previous post to the right location, nothings new :1laugh:

Hello everyone,

I'm 45 years old from Israel, a software engineer, married with 2 children and a cute little dog.
As a child I used to listen to the radio and wait for the right moment to start recording my favorite songs without the voice of the broadcaster.
At the age of 18 I started to play a classic guitar and I found myself lots of time listening to songs trying to find the correct chords with much success. :1grin:
I'm a fan of the 80's and my first favorite band was Depeche Mode, but in general I like good music no matter if its from the 60's or from nowadays.

I have to admit that until a year ago I didn't knew the existence of mashups. :1shocked:
Actually my son, Dean Belz (only a 15 years old, a brilliant electronic guitar player) started to write some original tracks and publish them on SoundCloud, but the tracks didn't get the attention he expected.

A very good friend of the family, Shahar Varshal (former Mashtix member), suggest my son to start creating mashups which might help to promote his originals.

Dean ask my help and we started to sit together looking for materials for the first mashup... and I fell in love :1rolleyes:
After the third mashup we've published on his SoundCloud account, my son lost his interest and I found myself sitting alone at nights searching for instrumentals and acapellas and combining mashups.
All that time i was the man behind the scenes and my son won the glory.

At the end of the year 2015, Bootiemashup chose my track "Shout & Lean On" combined with similar track from DJ Tripp to be part of the "BEST OF BOOTIE 2015" (Track no. 4, again published under my son's name).

3 month ago Dean's account on SC was closed due to copyrights claims, so i thought it is the right moment to split our ways, only in the music field :1smiley: and decided to open an account of my own, this time on Hearthis, willing to get the credit i deserve :1wink:

I have to say that Shahar Varshal told me about Mashstix long time ago and i have a little regrets that i didn't join earlier, but better now than never.

So now you know my story :)

I'm here less than a month and I've learned a lot already!!
This is a great platform and I would like to thank Paul and all the members here.
I hope to learn more, find some good friends and help others to learn the secrets of how to produce good mashups.

SMASH

1 star User

Post Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Hey all! Nathan Scot from Entyme here... I've been in and out action for a while on these boards. I recently started going as DJ En8, so... new profile! :1rolleyes: :1grin:

I'm 33 from San Francisco, and I've been making mashups since 2010. DJ Tyme and I had been going to Bootie SF, and we started making mashups together as DJ Tyme & Nathan Scot, which we eventually shortened to Entyme. Currently I'm a resident DJ at Bootie SF and after a long absence I'm getting the mashup production bug again!

hey SMASH - I'm the "man behind the scenes" who made the Bootie edit of your Shout & Lean On mashup with DJ Tripp's! Nice work.
DJ EN8 aka Nathan Scot from Entyme
http://djen8.com

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:37 am

Thanks for the post, Nathan. Now your Lady Gaga mashup makes more sense to me. It's a pleasure to welcome you to Mashstix.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:13 am

djen8 wrote:hey SMASH - I'm the "man behind the scenes" who made the Bootie edit of your Shout & Lean On mashup with DJ Tripp's! Nice work.

Welcome to this house, EN8, and thank you, good to know that you are the brilliant editor behind it :1cool:

1 star User

Post Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi! :)

I'm Dani, and I'm a MashStix member.

I was forced into plays my third and fourth grade years, but never made the cast when I voluntarily auditioned in middle school. When it comes to music, I don't have any formal musical training, but I have played the trumpet for six years, so that has to count for something. Right? :1grin:
I started making mashups about a month ago for two reasons: 1) I like listening to them. 2) I wanted to post something on YouTube, but my parents said my vlogs/whatever-the-heck-they-were was "too dangerous" because they showed my face. While I don't think I'm the best at them, I know that I will be able to learn as I go. (I'll be like the three new trumpets in indoor that have never played a note in their lives. Oh gosh... Winter break better last a long time!)

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Everyone's gotta start somewhere Dani... Welcome to Stix :1grin:
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:55 am

Hi everyone,

I'm 33 years old from London and have been making mashups and remixes since 2004.

My mashups have usually been based around Hip-Hop and Rock but have done some Pop and Dance tracks also.

The site looks great, I'm looking forward to checking out the tracks and posting some of my own.

Cheers :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm from Norway and I'm 29 years old. I've always been a casual music-listener, but I've never played an instrument or done anything music-related. However I am greatly enjoying this new hobby.

I got in to this sort of by 'accident' after I bragged that I'd make a year-end medley of a Spotify-playlist I maintained for my friends. So after some googling i downloaded Audacity and a tutorial and figured I'd hammer this out in a few days.

I had no idea how much work went in to this and the amount of stuff I had to learn, but as I kept going at it I got an amazing feeling of accomplishment every time I managed to make something 'fit'. I remember working and sleeping in my couch, drinking diet coke and forgetting to eat for 3 straight days cause I was so immersed.
Looking back now, it sounds like shit and I've since changed to Ableton which is a far better software.

Going forward I'm planning to permanently borrow my sisters keyboard teach myself the basics of how to play the piano as I believe that'd help me gain a greater understanding of music/musical theory, and somewhere far down the road I hope to actually make a produce a song of my own somehow.

I'm hoping to learn a great deal by lurking here, and maybe from time to time be able to offer some input.

Thanks for reading!

1 star User

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Time to pump some life into this thread...

Hi everyone!

I'm Tom, I'm 25 years young and from Wales. I've been listening to the genre for several years and have previously made some 'attempts' at mashups. Recently decided I need a new hobby so going to giving it another go!

Musically I played the drums when I was younger, and do dabble with the electric triangle when called upon. Looking forward to lurking on the forum and occasionally crying for help.

Cheers!
[Insert Egg Emoji]

PreviousNext

Return to Stix chat