Frontpage Standards... thoughts

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
2 Star User

Re: Frontpage Standards... thoughts

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:25 pm

how about a "like" button for every submission?
if a track gets forgotten but with an (!), a certain amount of likes could give the producer a "right" to ask the mods for a kind of 'second thought' on the decision of FP.. any logic in that?

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Putting a like button in would be impractical and open to abuse... but we do already take into consideration all members feedback.. so if you think we are overlooking a good track then comment on it :1wink:
lloyd

No Flash Installed

2 Star User

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:01 pm

lloyd wrote:Putting a like button in would be impractical and open to abuse... but we do already take into consideration all members feedback.. so if you think we are overlooking a good track then comment on it :1wink:

it's great that the feedback of all members is practical and useful, but that's only for those who bother to actually write something in reply.
most listeners/viewers (that on some threads can go up to 200. no?) won't necessarily have anything to say and just won't say a thing while still liking the track. or not. BUT-
if they DO like it they would definitely push a vote "like" option if possible on the spot.
maybe abuse in this case is an easy thing to prevent?
some kind of a poll option that only an "above 100 posts" user can vote maybe?
still, i know nothing of those setting in this forum so it might not be possible.
well, just a thought.. :1wink:

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:51 am

No honestly Roz it's been discused before and the fact is that some members have thousands of fans who would just like a track because it's by their favourite producer. We place a lot more value on feedback, if people are prepared to comment thn the track was obviously worth taking a few minutes out of your life :1wink:
lloyd

No Flash Installed

2 Star User

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:01 am

lloyd wrote:No honestly Roz it's been discused before and the fact is that some members have thousands of fans who would just like a track because it's by their favourite producer. We place a lot more value on feedback, if people are prepared to comment thn the track was obviously worth taking a few minutes out of your life :1wink:

i rest my case :1lipsrsealed:

Previous

Return to Stix chat