Dylan Vasey: Just The Price Tag

Links to videos that you have created.
All Star User

Dylan Vasey: Just The Price Tag

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:55 am

Yup, another Bruno Mars mashup ha.

I was commissioned some time ago for a series of mashups for a well known radio host in London. Good news is I get a lot of exposure, bad news is they dictate what I have to work with.

Sources:
Jessie J & B.O.B - Price tag (unreleased stems)
Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are (Amazing) (acapella & harmony)

phpBB [media]

Some of you may notice the audio quality change towards the end - this isn't in the MP3 version which I can only post in a weeks time.

One more track left in the series (for now anyway) then it's back to normal business!

Re: Dylan Vasey: Just The Price Tag

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 am

Hey Dylster,

this is a really beautifull mash. I like the harmonies they are perfect. The only thing what's a bit disturbing to my ears is when Jessie bursts in during the refrain. She's a tad to loud for my taste because Bruno gets allmost completely lost.

The whole thing is defo FP worthy!

All Star User

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:24 am

I agree this is beautiful. I really like the blend on this where the pellas come in and out and duet together. Just curious what is the radio station's motivation for picking these sources promotion of the sources or just because they are high in the ratings or ?

Anyway, really nicely done Dylan! I'm Looking forward to downloading this one once it is officially released for download :)

Cheers!

All Star User

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 am

Cheers Rick 'n' Bruce!

I messed around with the Bruno volume for ages. I've made it so it changes with every verse etc. The original Price Tag's chorus is louder than the preceding verse, so i went with it. I would have liked to have played the chorus some more, (and a demo was made), but the powers that be preferred this version.

Bruce, I'm sure the combo pairing has more to do with ratings than anything else. The Bruno Mars track was in the top three most purchased tracks of last year, and Price Tag is at #2 in the UK charts. Another demo was submitted with more artists involved in the chorus, but like above - the powers that be declined it. I think they wanted this one to be a simple sounding mash. The brief itself didn't ask for a particular vocal to be used. I chose Bruno because the harmonies work so well. They just asked for a current(ish) RnB vocal.

I know this has been passed onto Jessie J, so lets hope she likes it enough to send me a wad of cash. :lol:

Like I said, just one more mash in this series. Although I have been asked for some more, I'm going to take a few weeks doing some stuff I 'want' to do ha.

Thanks for watching fella's! :D

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 pm

All I can say is what an awesome track... sometimes I think you don't give yourself enough credit.... this is the kind of music people want.. No shame in diggin some Bruno stuff either.

Btw, how much for the rights to use this as the official mashstix theme song? :D ...it pretty much sums up what we're all about.

- Paul Stix

1 star User

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 pm

fabolous

3 Star User

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 am

:o :o :o :o where did you find the elements of jessie j ?????

Return to Videos