[FRONTPAGED] SCHMOLLI: AC/DC gets more BASS with Egotronic

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

Re: [FRONTPAGED] SCHMOLLI: AC/DC gets more BASS with Egotronic

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Rick, Eddie's just given his opinion, which he was asked to do when he was sent the track to review. I don't see what difference it makes that other people rate the tune if he doesn't.

Good on you Schmolli for responding, but taking it in your stride.
While i'm here, the mental isn't to my taste but i thought it was a good mashup and can imagine it going down very nicely on the dancefloor.

1 star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Cheers for coming to my defence guys.

I'm a huge fan of Schmolli's work. Kung Fu Jumping is definitly in my all time top 10 favorite mashups, and I acknowledge that Scholli is a better mashuper than I ever was, or ever will be.

But I try to be as honest as possible with my critisms. I didn't give my critisms lightly. I listened to the tune at least a dozen times, and on 2 different systems, 'a-b'ed it with similar tracks, ran it through various analysers, and even went to the trouble of doing a basic remaster on it to prove to myself that it wasn't my ears playing tricks on me.

You guys seem to love this tune, so I may have damaged my reputation by being harsh on this one. you guys won't value my opinion if I slate the tunes you like. but its not going to make me a liar or an arse kisser.

Maybe I do owe Billy Crystal an apology though.
Last edited by Eddie Pedalo on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm all for honesty when it comes to reviews and we are all entitled to our opinions... the only thing that seemed odd about this review was it in no way reflected the wider view of the members of the Mashstix team. Personally, if i knew i was going to be "singing from a different hymn-sheet" than everyone else, i would have reflected other peoples feelings towards the track first, before passing such a critical eye over someones work.
That said, you (as you say) were only being honest and noone can force you to like a track just because others do... what a dull place the world would be if that was the case.

Honestly the only thing i objected to in the review was the word "mongoloid" i think its offensive and needs to be removed.
lloyd

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm

lloyd wrote:Honestly the only thing i objected to in the review was the word "m****d" i think its offensive and needs to be removed.

I used to work with adults with learning difficulties, and in was in no way infering to them. I like and respect differently able people.

But in reflection, I see that there may also be a racial slant to my poor choice of language, so I'll edit myself if I can.

Sorry if I caused offence, I won't use that word objectively again.

Cheers Lloyd.
Last edited by Eddie Pedalo on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm

crikey!! i go out for the evening and bloody war breaks out :lol: :lol:

2 Star User

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:38 am

Eddie Pedalo wrote:But I try to be as honest as possible with my critisms.

and that's all that counts!

so let's just move to the next one ;-)

3 Star User

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 am

I liked the version of "TNT" by the Fabulous Beatmashers, a few weeks ago, but this is a real club remix that you offer! I downloaded this and put it in my box for my next party mashup :)

1 star User

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Eddie Pedalo wrote:You guys seem to love this tune, so I may have damaged my reputation by being harsh on this one. you guys won't value my opinion if I slate the tunes you like. but its not going to make me a liar or an arse kisser.

Or maybe you are the simon cowell of mashstix??

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>