[FRONTPAGED] SCHMOLLI: AC/DC gets more BASS with Egotronic

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: [FRONTPAGED] SCHMOLLI: AC/DC gets more BASS with Egotronic

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Whoohoo! And that's the Schmolli we all love right there! :twisted:

Great job!

G

1 star User

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:49 am

Gimme the BASS Mr. Schmolli... you rock!!! great track!!!

2 Star User

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:03 am

Now going out to buy a new sub to replace the blown one :lol:

mission accomplished :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanx everyone for commenting and for the frontpage also. and thanx paul for fixing the link!

1 star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:46 pm

The review of this mashup on the frontpage is a joke!
Sorry, guys.

2 Star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 pm

haha keep it low ben! i mean everybody's free to have an opinion, so is eddie. just a few words...

"The mix sounds a quite odd, the stereo isn't right, everything is either 100% wide or 100% mono, there's nothing inbetween, and things which should be in stereo are mono, which all makes the track sound a little hollow" ok the additional guitars are split up pretty roughly in the pan that's right but on purpose. the vocals are straight in the middle, ok maybe a little spread wouldn't be bad. on the other hand everyone who knows the source acapella knows that it's a drag to use since it's actually a live pella with some really strange room reverb on it. so chances are you make it even worse. if you don't like the rest of the tune (instrumental) you gotta complain to egotronic haha ;-)

"The top end is a bit damaged, which may be either due to you struggling to make a tune with poor stereo loud in mastering, and/or a poor quality instrumental" ok i can't say i agree here, the instrumental is directly from the band in HQ. also i can't find anything bad while looking at the freqs. the mastering of course is a bit sharp in these kinds of music but there's definately no distortion or whatsoever.

"Call that an ending? ending with a built up to nothing? Egotronic might not, but you know better than that." the ending is a matter of taste. if you heard the extended version til the end you'll recognize that i faded it out there. on the single mix i liked the effect of a build-up and i did it on purpose ;-)

"I'm not sure about your choice of instrumental, its tuning and dynamics fit the acdc tune like a glove... But the original was very badly produced and Its not a great tune, which sounds very dated, in a bad way. Also, Its the work of a 'band' who use mongoloid political extremism to promote their bad house music." i am 100% sure of the choice of instrumental. and i'll leave the other opinions up to everyone else as i think that they really aren't needed in a song review.

also i wanna say that i really appreciate feedback in any kind of form, positive or negative. i wouldn't have commented this review but since ben brought it up i just wanted to tell my opinion on it and explain something behind this production. hope you don't mind.

thanx
schmolli

3 Star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:30 pm

i usually like eddies reviews and i really liked this tune. so i read the frontpage review and. . . . . . .

2 Star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Frail Limb Purity wrote:i usually like eddies reviews and i really liked this tune. so i read the frontpage review and. . . . . . .

Jesus Agree's.

4 Star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey Schmolli,

I don't know what happened but I never read such a review for a track that the other mods thought to be good enough for the fp. Especially if it's a first or second FP from a "new" member.

I liked it and I hope this will not keep you off of posting your tracks here at mashstix!

2 Star User

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:38 pm

DJ Rick Lee wrote:I liked it and I hope this will not keep you off of posting your tracks here at mashstix!

thanx rick, well i'm not offended at all and i will keep on posting, i just replied here because of ben's comment ;)

and thanx flp & justin for these hilarious pix! eddie i'm sorry, didn't want to bring these ppl up against you. freedom of speech y'all!

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i liked it Thomas... that's should be all that matters ;)
Each to their own but that review was harsh and to my ears, way off.

Love the pictures BTW! :lol: :lol:
lloyd

No Flash Installed

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>