ah! -Red Right Hand Of The Devil (Rolling Stones / Nick Cave

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

ah! -Red Right Hand Of The Devil (Rolling Stones / Nick Cave

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:35 am

ah! - Red Right Hand Of The Devil (The Rolling Stones vs. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds)

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand
The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil Remix Stems

I made this Devil based mashup for Hallowe’en - would love to get some ideas for improvements. Neither original track was quantized, so I had to go through and fix each manually. I'm also hampered by the lack of stems/acapella/instrumental for Red Right Hand. Some things I’m considering:

- The Sympathy congas get busier as the song progresses, I might just create a loop of the initial few bars for reuse throughout. EDIT - I've done this in the latest version below.
- I’m not 100% on having the Sympathy piano line throughout the verses, but without it, the mix sounds very empty and boring due to lack of harmonic movement. Possible solution is reuse the first verse’s piano line in all verses as it’s mainly chord stabs on the downbeat of chord changes.
EDIT - I've tried this and decided to keep the piano line as is.

Any other inputs appreciated. Cheers!

EDIT - THIS IS THE LATEST VERSION, AS PER ABOVE

No Flash Installed

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b01a2d2fcf7fdd91016b335/t/5f932f3493204f14d947079e/1603481458581/Red+Right+Hand+Of+The+Devil.mp3/original/Red+Right+Hand+Of+The+Devil.mp3

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>