Eye Of The Boyfriend (Ariana Grande vs. Survivor)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Eye Of The Boyfriend (Ariana Grande vs. Survivor)

Post Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Warezio - Eye Of The Boyfriend (Ariana Grande and Social House vs. Survivor)

Ariana Grande, Social House - Boyfriend
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger

Woot.

Version 1: (narrower vocal; remove artifact)

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 1 download link

Re: Eye Of The Boyfriend (Ariana Grande vs. Survivor)

Post Fri May 29, 2020 8:04 am

Cool mash Warezio :1smiley:

I have to say I'm rather impressed you've managed to pitch down the instrumental without affecting the dynamics too much.

In terms of the two tracks, they do fit melodically well although I feel there is a bit of a lack of a chorus such as at 1:38 which sounds like you cut the instrumental short even to make it a very short chorus. The second chorus at 2:05 does a much better job of sounding like a chorus. Not sure the best fix for this, maybe use the 'I ain't yo boyfriend, you ain't...' bit for all the choruses? Introduce another acapella? Use the one from the second chorus for the first also? I'm not sure but yeah was lacking a bit of structure.

2:29-2:31 before Ariana starts singing you can hear some background from the pella which sounds a bit odd, I'd maybe suggest cutting that. It's minor but noticeable for me.

Finally, in terms of the mixing - the stereo image of the vocals is very wide and the image of the instrumental is quite narrow. I'd suggest either widening the instrumental (although this often doesn't work too well unless you have the stems for the song) or narrowing the vocals a bit.

If you could touch upon those points mentioned I think it could be a really good mash :1smiley:

Post Fri May 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Finally, in terms of the mixing - the stereo image of the vocals is very wide and the image of the instrumental is quite narrow. I'd suggest either widening the instrumental (although this often doesn't work too well unless you have the stems for the song) or narrowing the vocals a bit.

Do you mean the lead vocals or the background vocals (or both)?

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:05 am

I want to like this, but the fit is still a problem. It sounds like I'm listening to 2 songs at once rather than one song made from 2 parts. :1sad:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:23 pm

satis5d wrote:I want to like this, but the fit is still a problem. It sounds like I'm listening to 2 songs at once rather than one song made from 2 parts. :1sad:

Yeah I agree, perhaps try put Ariana's vocals in mono instead of trying to narrow her vocals as, by the sounds of it, the software won't be able to match the narrowness of the instrumental.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>