Crazy City Prince Vs. GNR

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Re: Crazy City Prince Vs. GNR

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:58 pm

Bumped

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:09 pm

DJ Dumpz wrote:Imho the acapella is too loud in the mix and especially when it comes in for the first time it's way to surprising (not to say shocking :1grin:)

It is still true in V4, namely, the acapella comes in way too loud. I literally flinched while listening. It is more balanced starting around 0:44. You should turn down the vocal quite a bit when there's no percussion at the beginning, and turn it down a little less when the percussion starts until about 0:44.

Otherwise, it's quite enjoyable.

2 Star User

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:58 pm

V5 is now on the OP, It fixes the vocal volume problems starting off quiet before the percussion then it's louder during the drums but not as bad as V4 was, Comment and Critique once you get the chance!

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 am

V5 is headed in the right direction. The vocal volume sounds pretty good throughout, although it seems a little wide and wet to me…Are you still using a combination of PhonicMind and the dry vocals? I’d recommend easing up on the PhonicMind vox and use more dry.

Bad cut around 0:51--you left out like 2 whole beats there…and “go crazy…punch a higher floor!” could be placed a bit better, like as if “punch” landed right on the whistle, for instance.

Timing sounds pretty good...“Take a look around” at 1:15 is slightly too early. But the verses work well and things are structured nicely now.

Chorus is placed awkwardly the first two times…the placement at 3:47 was perfect, so I think you should try to replicate that on the first two choruses.

Another rough cut at 2:22..

The bridge at 3:15ish: vocals are like a half beat early.

I like the Prince solo at 4:00, but I can barely hear it…needs to be panned/narrowed or EQ’ed or something to cut through the mix.

As far as the LGC guitar riffs, they’re still not working for me. They seem to land early, and I can barely hear them anyway--they’re just muddying up the mix as it is.

Despite all the critique it’s still improving…keep at it my friend!

2 Star User

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:16 am

MashGyver wrote:V5 is headed in the right direction. The vocal volume sounds pretty good throughout, although it seems a little wide and wet to me…Are you still using a combination of PhonicMind and the dry vocals? I’d recommend easing up on the PhonicMind vox and use more dry.

Bad cut around 0:51--you left out like 2 whole beats there…and “go crazy…punch a higher floor!” could be placed a bit better, like as if “punch” landed right on the whistle, for instance.

Timing sounds pretty good...“Take a look around” at 1:15 is slightly too early. But the verses work well and things are structured nicely now.

Chorus is placed awkwardly the first two times…the placement at 3:47 was perfect, so I think you should try to replicate that on the first two choruses.

Another rough cut at 2:22..

The bridge at 3:15ish: vocals are like a half beat early.

I like the Prince solo at 4:00, but I can barely hear it…needs to be panned/narrowed or EQ’ed or something to cut through the mix.

As far as the LGC guitar riffs, they’re still not working for me. They seem to land early, and I can barely hear them anyway--they’re just muddying up the mix as it is.

Despite all the critique it’s still improving…keep at it my friend!

I am using a combination of the phonicmind acapella and the dry vocal, Dry vocal was panned towards the left and phonicmind acapella was panned towards the right thus giving you the result you hear and have heard throughout previous versions, I will just keep that solo find a way to make it cut through the mix and get rid of the LGC Guitars that play the main riff as PC is already quite a loud soundscape, Thanks for the critique my friend, Plus I used the WIDER plugin that Warezio uses in his more recent projects, Also there is a vocal mixdown I did of the DRY Vocal only and no phonicmind acapella so I will use that vocal take instead, Or the PM Acapella will be very much turned down in the mix with the DRY vocal being louder.

2 Star User

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 pm

V6 is now on the OP it features more of the dry vocal and less of the PM Vocal it's there but to way lesser of a extent except probably for the pre-chorus during the so far away section which remains untouched and the outro is untouched as well, Also one last thing all of the weird edits to the mental are now nonexistent, Please comment and critique once you get the chance.
Last edited by TheRayMan on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:05 am

V6 still has some minor problems preventing my recommend. First, the vocal cut at 0:24 sounds accidental not intentional. Second, the new stripped down version feels a bit long, I would suggest cutting it with a fade out around 4:07.

2 Star User

Post Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:34 am

Okay I will do V7 and cut down the mix thanks for the critique Warezio

2 Star User

Post Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:48 am

V7 is now on the OP the accidental vocal cut has been fixed plus it fades out around almost at 4:08 the outro to Paradise City was a little bit too lengthy and overblown so like Warezio said in his critique it had to be trimmed down to size, Comment and Critique once you get the chance!

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:34 pm

Crazy idea :1cheesy:

The vocal sounds a bit muffled at times, and also, something happened to the mix balance from 3:05 till the end :1undecided:

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>