DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Barcelona

DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi

I want to share my newer mashup between Stupid Love by Lady Gaga, Lovefool Aca by The Cardigans & Never Gonna Give You Up Aca by Rick Astley.

I did 3 versions, 2 a+b mashup versions & the last as a combo of all 3 songs.

Do you think all work well?

Lady Gaga vs The Cardigans

No Flash Installed


Lady Gaga vs Rick Astley

No Flash Installed


Lady Gaga vs The Cardigans vs Rick Astley (combo version)

No Flash Installed


Covers in the following days!!

Thank you!!

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 am
Location: California

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:40 am

Anything I can listen to?
Firmly anchoring the old and untalented end of Mashstix since 2012...

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Barcelona

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Thanks Mike,

Under each version name appears a black image, if you click, your browser will enable the plugin for the player. Once you did that the players will appear authomatically (until you close the browser), at least this is how this works to me...
The links are from my website but it works like this with all links now, i do not know the reason.

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 am
Location: California

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:38 pm

DJ Surda wrote:Hi

I want to share my newer mashup between Stupid Love by Lady Gaga, Lovefool Aca by The Cardigans & Never Gonna Give You Up Aca by Rick Astley.

I did 3 versions, 2 a+b mashup versions & the last as a combo of all 3 songs.

Do you think all work well?

Lady Gaga vs The Cardigans

No Flash Installed


Lady Gaga vs Rick Astley

No Flash Installed


Lady Gaga vs The Cardigans vs Rick Astley (combo version)

No Flash Installed


Covers in the following days!!

Thank you!!


Interesting. None of the links appear on my view of the post. Mousing over the page produces no results. By quoting your post I see some links that I can copy and paste. Time to call my IT guy...
Firmly anchoring the old and untalented end of Mashstix since 2012...

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Barcelona

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:15 am

Mike Goble wrote:
Interesting. None of the links appear on my view of the post. Mousing over the page produces no results. By quoting your post I see some links that I can copy and paste. Time to call my IT guy...


I do not understand why it does not works fine. I used the rules from the **Mashstix: How to Post Your Track (Please Read)**
The links are these:

Lady Gaga vs The Cardigans - https://djsurda.pro/wp-content/uploads/ ... -demo1.mp3
Lady Gaga vs Rick Astley
https://djsurda.pro/wp-content/uploads/ ... -demo1.mp3
Lady Gaga vs The Cardigans vs Rick Astley (combo version)
https://djsurda.pro/wp-content/uploads/ ... -demo1.mp3

Hope this works

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 am
Location: California

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:08 am

Thanks. I was able to copy and paste the links from the pre-post text of a quote of your post. Once I submitted the quote and my remarks, the text with the links disappeared and the words 'no flash installed' appeared in their place.
Firmly anchoring the old and untalented end of Mashstix since 2012...

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2932
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:17 am

The mp3 player works fine for me on all 3 mixes. No issues there.

For me, the first one, the combination of Gaga and the Cardigans is far and away the best option. Rick is singing in the same key, but he's a few cents off from Gaga's instrumental which makes for sound clashes at times. The combo version is missing the instrumental, so I have no idea how that really sounds.

But I'm prepared to recommend the Gaga/Cardigan version. It's great! :1cool:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Barcelona

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:11 pm

satis5d wrote:The combo version is missing the instrumental, so I have no idea how that really sounds.

Combo version is now fixed!


satis5d wrote:Rick is singing in the same key, but he's a few cents off from Gaga's instrumental which makes for sound clashes at times.

Do you think Astley is late or he is earlier?

Thanks for the feedback!!

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:08 am

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 pm

Whar Satis5d means is the pitch of Rick.
A semitone difference (like between F and F#) is divided in 100 percent.
At the place in your DAW where you can change the pitch (of a vocal), you can change in full semitones, but ALSO in a percentage of a semitone. (So before, and after the decimal point).
On one of my mashups, Satis5d pointed out a 0.25 (so quarter of a semitone) difference. I think for your mashup he means even less "cents". Maybe 0.10 is a good starting pount ? Switch back and forth (or change just the firstsenyence and not the second) and use your ears to find the right pitch percentage.

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Barcelona

Re: DJ Surda - Lady Gaga vs. The Cardigans vs. Rick Astley

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:18 pm

CVS wrote:Whar Satis5d means is the pitch of Rick.
A semitone difference (like between F and F#) is divided in 100 percent.
At the place in your DAW where you can change the pitch (of a vocal), you can change in full semitones, but ALSO in a percentage of a semitone. (So before, and after the decimal point).
On one of my mashups, Satis5d pointed out a 0.25 (so quarter of a semitone) difference. I think for your mashup he means even less "cents". Maybe 0.10 is a good starting pount ? Switch back and forth (or change just the firstsenyence and not the second) and use your ears to find the right pitch percentage.


Thank you.

Now i understood i missunderstood satis5d.
Rick is OOK not OOT.

My DAW is Ableton Live.
Ive tested changing cents of the key but honestly i can detect wich is the best. Here are some key changes, can you provide feedback of which works best?
-50 cents

No Flash Installed


-25 cents

No Flash Installed


-12'5 cents

No Flash Installed


0 cents

No Flash Installed


+12'5 cents

No Flash Installed


+25 cents

No Flash Installed


+50 cents

No Flash Installed



Thanks, really appreciate it!

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests