CVS - Can't Go 4 The Last Powershake (V.A.)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

CVS - Can't Go 4 The Last Powershake (V.A.)

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:57 am

sources:
Hall and Oates - I Can't Go For That (instrumental) - now F# minor (most of it)
Kelis - Milkshake (acapella) F# minor

version 2:
thanks Satis5d for your review on v1, I put up a new version 2 here.
I put the passages that I had lowered 3 semitones to fit the F# major in the pre-chorus, BACK to their original key and deleted the now superfluous ( haha :1rolleyes: ) repeat edits at the end of them. I think everything there fits the F# minor, but I am not totally sure about the la-la-lala-laa. Maybe I am lucky and Kelis does not sing any major specific notes in these parts.

No Flash Installed

download-version-2

version 1:
I varispeeded mental 1 semitone up to F# minor, but the pre-chorus are now F# major (as MashGyver pointed out to Warezio (= where is he oh?) on his 'can't go 365' Kate Perry mashup.
So I lowered the Kelis vocals on the pre-chorus 3 semitones to D# min (the relative minor of F# major). To get back on the chorus to the original pitch, I copied 'the', pasted 3 of them and made a stepladder on -3,-2,-1 semitone, on -1,9 dB, -1,2 dB and -0,6 dB.
Added in version 2, some Indeep on the intro and (bragging) outro, and then added some SNAP to Indeep to get some vocal interplay. In the outro added some Kelis 'lala la lalaa' but at her original pitch.
Moved Kelis 'slurpie' at the end of her pella to the very end at a ridiculous +4,5 dB as a drain-sound.
Cut out the long sax part from instrumental, because mashup was too long.
A few millisec timing fixes on vocals. All with send reverb. Volume automation on outro for fadeout.
Stereowidened and bassboosted (below 250 Hz) mental.

version 2 (version 1 was not posted)

No Flash Installed

download-version-2
Last edited by CVS on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: CVS - Can't Go 4 The Last Powershake (V.A.)

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:05 pm

Mostly great. :1wink:

"The boys are waiting." It seems like every time those words are sung/spoken they are OOK. The LaLa's are borderline okay for me, but everything sung within those sections sounds off to me.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:17 am

thanks Satis5d for your key-tips, I put a new version 2 in the OP.

2 Star User

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:15 pm

Get rid of those lalala parts ''the boys are waiting'' and you will have a winner, It doesn't work for me, Pretty nice mix addictive as well.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>