(!)ZK-UWantBulletproofFridayBoomBoom vboys,journey,laroux,kp

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!)ZK-UWantBulletproofFridayBoomBoom vboys,journey,laroux,kp

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:23 am

ZooKreeper - You Want Bulletproof Friday Boom Boom (Vengaboys vs Journey vs La Roux vs Katy Perry)

Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom | instrumental
Journey - Any Way You Want It | acapella
La Roux - Bulletproof | acapella
Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) | acapella

Maybe one day I'll start giving my mashes shorter names :1laugh:

No Flash Installed

Download

v2

No Flash Installed

v2 Download
Last edited by ZooKreeper on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: ZK-UWantBulletproofFridayBoomBoom vboys,journey,laroux,k

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:57 pm

I'm probably going to sound nit-picky, but after going over RayMan's mashup with a fine-toothed comb, I feel I need to do the same with this one. :1rolleyes:

I feel that the instrumental is overpowering the acapellas (pretty much across the board). It's definitely safe to reduce the instrumental track by 1 or 2 decibels.

Also, I really hope that you have elastic timing on your DAW because Journey is late in the middle of their big line especially as they sing "that's the way you need it". If you can place a marker in the center of that section and move it slightly left it will pull the phrase into line with the Vengaboys. Moving the phrase as a whole will not really help because you're nailing the entry. Of course, this happens in several spots throughout the mashup.

A very enjoyable and danceable mashup! :1grin:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Thanks satis5d!

I don't think it does (still working with Audacity until I can afford a better setup), but that's never stopped me before. I like to think I'm a pro at trial and error :1laugh:

I tweaked Journey's tempo just a titch and double checked the waveforms, so hopefully it works now, and dropped the mental volume by 1dB.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:52 am

I am fully on-board with version 2. Great work!

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>