(!) Pick Up The Magic! Bruno Mars Vs. Average White Band

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Re: Pick Up The Magic! Bruno Mars Vs. Average White Band

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:49 am

Well folks Version 5 is now on the OP, Features a section where it goes briefly acapella then as soon as Bruno says UGH the beat slowly fades back in, Timing in the first verse should be on time I did three different mixdowns to get it right picked the third one obviously because it was on beat, It's ok Satis5d this one was tougher in terms of structure cause this particular AWB Song didn't really have a vocalist, I never have done a original song vs a instrumental probably never will do it again maybe never say never I imagine, So comment and critique once you get the chance!

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 am

Dude, you are at like 23.83 Karats with this one right now! The structure is solid. There are still a few individual phrases that need a nudge to the left or right. When I have a few minutes I will point them out a bit more specifically. In the mean time you should give it a few more listens and see if you can hear what I'm talking about. (I don't think any of them were in the second verse...)

And the final bridge sounds much better...but something still isn't quite landing just right. And the few seconds after that sound a little odd. I will also take a crack at that last section myself and post a clip once I dust off the old DAW!

The actual ending sounds great, though. Very close to nailing this one!

2 Star User

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 pm

V6 is now on the OP, If it still needs tweaking than I have a 7th version in me hah, Changed the first verse to match CVS's version that he sent me via Sowndhaus, Also changed the bridge and outro brought back a previously deleted section of the PUTP Song, Comment and Critique once you get the chance! Thank You

2 Star User

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:07 pm

The seventh and last one is here, I have made some changes with the timing of the first verse and bridge as in V6 it was still a little off, Plus I added a little bit of extra talkbox in the middle section plus made the BG Vocals come in a little before that, Comment and Critique once you get the chance! Thanks to all who have taken the time out of their busy schedules to provide Feedback!

Post Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:02 pm

I came in here at V7, listening to that and none of the others, and it sounds very good. Everything's set up well, audio balanced well, and I could only find one nitpick. At 2:17 "ranger" is a bit off in timing.

Fix that one minor issue and it'd be 100%.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

2 Star User

Post Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:02 pm

That section has now been fixed if it isn't then I can edit it out but I looked at the section and the mental was falling off the beat which caused the vocal to be momentarily off, Comment and critique once you get the chance!

Post Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:30 pm

Yep, version 7.5 completely fixed it.

I had told the team that I wanted to hand in my mod badge due to not being around enough to do the duties, but I'd be happy to recommend this here right now. Bravo!

I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:19 pm

YITT wrote:Yep, version 7.5 completely fixed it.

I had told the team that I wanted to hand in my mod badge due to not being around enough to do the duties, but I'd be happy to recommend this here right now. Bravo!

I didn't listen to any of the previous versions, to be honest, as I am not familiar with any of the sources and this is not really the style of music I enjoy or can judge.
There's others on here that can judge this style, but what I listened to in the latest version,
it sounds technically absolutely nice to my ears and I would just give this a second RECOMMEND, so if any of the other "judges" is unsure about certain parts or anything, please frontpage this for me, as I am really not the right person to FP this style of music.

Re: (!) Pick Up The Magic! Bruno Mars Vs. Average White Band

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:45 pm

It's a great mix, but there are still some timing issues to iron out. :1shocked:

0:23 "Put your.." is late
0:29 "What you tryin' to do" is late
0:32 "24 carat magic in the air" is late
(but those background vocals at 0:38 are spot-on! :1smiley: )
0:40 "look out.." is late
Most of 0:42-0:53 are late
But curiously, you're ahead at 0:59.

Those are by far the worst spots. There are some more between 2:00 and 2:30 but let's deal with these first. You're VERY close to having a hit on your hands. :1grin:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Re: (!) Pick Up The Magic! Bruno Mars Vs. Average White Band

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:37 pm

satis5d wrote:It's a great mix, but there are still some timing issues to iron out. :1shocked:

0:23 "Put your.." is late
0:29 "What you tryin' to do" is late
0:32 "24 carat magic in the air" is late
(but those background vocals at 0:38 are spot-on! :1smiley: )
0:40 "look out.." is late
Most of 0:42-0:53 are late
But curiously, you're ahead at 0:59.

Those are by far the worst spots. There are some more between 2:00 and 2:30 but let's deal with these first. You're VERY close to having a hit on your hands. :1grin:

I will get it accomplished, Thanks for the critique.

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>