Imagine Somebody (John Lennon vs. Kings of Leon)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Imagine Somebody (John Lennon vs. Kings of Leon)

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:53 pm

DJ CROSSABILITY - Imagine Somebody (John Lennon vs. Kings of Leon)

Sources used:
John Lennon - Imagine (Instrumental and Acapella)
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (Acapella)

No Flash Installed

I've been thinking whether or not to scrap this mashup, as I'm still not entirely convinced it properly works, such as the 'Oh Ah Oh' vocal parts, but thought it would be good to hopefully get some fresh ears on it to see what you guys made of it first? Cheers :1smiley:

P.S. Planning on listening/commenting to the forum submissions later in the week!

3 Star User

Re: Imagine Somebody (John Lennon vs. Kings of Leon)

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:58 am

Nice idea and in my opinion although it's no perfect match they work really well together. I have only 2 ideas for improvement.
In the beginning the vocals come in a bit sudden and unexpected. This could be fixed by preparing the listener's ears to what's coming up. Maybe try some reverse reverb or play around with a few words of the acapella with lots of echo and reverb on it.
And check if the timing of "Someone like you" @1:28 is correct. At least for me it sounded a bit off. Maybe also some reverse reverb could help for the transition from the "Imagine" to the "Someone like you" acapella.
The "Oh Ah Oh"s sound fine to me. Good job! :1cool:

Re: Imagine Somebody (John Lennon vs. Kings of Leon)

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:28 pm

I think Dumpz nailed the review. It's definitely worth tinkering with. And I'm very close to giving it my recommend.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>