Fallin' For The Natural Casanova (Wilde/Levert/CH/Petty)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Fallin' For The Natural Casanova (Wilde/Levert/CH/Petty)

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 pm

satis5d | Fallin' For The Natural Casanova
(Kim Wilde vs. Levert vs. Crowded House vs. Tom Petty)

Another instrumental project which I made from the extended version and the studio version of Love In The Natural Way.

Kim Wilde - Love In The Natural Way (satis5d dubstrumental)
Levert - Casanova (acapella)
Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over (acapella)
Tom Petty - Free Fallin' (acapella)

Version 2

No Flash Installed

Download
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: Fallin' For The Natural Casanova (Kim Wilde and Friends)

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Bump
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

3 Star User

Post Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Nice multimash with typical 80s sound here! :1cool:
All sounds very good combined. From a harmonic point of view I'm not sure if "Casanova" is a 100% in key but it doesn't bother me that much.
Good job mate! :1smiley:

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks for the support, Dumpz. :1smiley:

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:51 am

Dude, I love that you got “Casanova” to mash! Such an iconic 80’s jam at least for me personally! And to me there is nothing wrong harmonically with it here.

However, that instrumental Pre-Chorus is sneaky and temporarily moves (I believe) up a fifth for a few bars. So unfortunately Taylor clashes until the last few words when in modulates back to (I think it’s E♭, right?) There’s got to be another track out there that’d work, though...

The Crowded House is awesome! (How did I not know that ‘pella existed?!) I’m not sure you nailed the timing on the words “between us”, though--they seem to drag behind a bit in both occurrences. I also think that ‘pella could use some width, but there’s a chance the baked-in reverb might make that awkward...

The Free Fallin’ is also a great way to handle that key change! The background vocals don’t even clash! That’s actually a tough feat to pull off!

Really great bunch of essential 80’s nostalgia for me. I’m on board with most of it as it is now--just needs a bit of tweaking.

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks for the helpful critique, MashGyver. I've taken into consideration all of your suggestions and have thusly removed Taylor Swift altogether, replacing her with the original Kim Wilde vocals in those two spots.

The Crowded House acapella is pretty bad. Mono too, so I had to create two channels and pan one left and the other right. I took the pans to 92% to move them out of the crowded 100% areas and I tinkered with the reverb a bit as well. I also touched up the timing of "between us."

Hopefully version 2 is good to go! It's up. :1smiley:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>