ZK - Anything Could Whistle Tonight U2-FloRida-EllieGoulding

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

ZK - Anything Could Whistle Tonight U2-FloRida-EllieGoulding

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:05 pm

ZooKreeper - Anything Could Whistle Tonight (U2 vs Flo Rida vs Ellie Goulding)

U2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (instrumental)
Flo Rida - Whistle (acapella)
Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen (acapella)

I guess I really like combining U2 and Flo Rida :1laugh:

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: ZK - Anything Could Whistle Tonight U2-FloRida-EllieGoul

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:59 pm

It's a workable combination, but it has 3 significant issues worth mentioning:

1. Flo Rida's vocals are a micro-touch behind the instrumental up to about 0:40. Like 1/10 of a second at most.

2. The instrumental (which sounds like a cover version - and not a great one at that) is too quiet and needs a boost of about 2 dB overall. The instrumental is so weak that it makes the mix seem lifeless at times.

3. Ellie's parts are okay, but she seems to be introduced too late to the song and then her role is too big once she comes in. She's either a #2 throughout, or a 1B. Right now she sounds like neither.

I'm interested to hear how version 2 sounds. :1cool:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 pm

satis5d wrote:It's a workable combination, but it has 3 significant issues worth mentioning:

1. Flo Rida's vocals are a micro-touch behind the instrumental up to about 0:40. Like 1/10 of a second at most.

2. The instrumental (which sounds like a cover version - and not a great one at that) is too quiet and needs a boost of about 2 dB overall. The instrumental is so weak that it makes the mix seem lifeless at times.

3. Ellie's parts are okay, but she seems to be introduced too late to the song and then her role is too big once she comes in. She's either a #2 throughout, or a 1B. Right now she sounds like neither.

I'm interested to hear how version 2 sounds. :1cool:

Now that you mention it, I think the instrumental is a karaoke version; I didn't have it labeled as such :1laugh:

Thanks for the feedback; I'll revisit this!

2 Star User

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 am

Here is an instrumental version of U2.
http://x-minus.pro/track/9258/ill-go-cr ... t-go-crazy

It sounds the same as the one you used? but has more male backing vocals from about 2:45

Post Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:31 pm

It didn't "whistle" to me so much as it is now :1undecided:

I agree with satis5d regarding his 3 points and I can mention also the low quality of Flo Rida, also, it's kind of repetitive in that mental, not sure if it's the best choice :1lipsrsealed:

1 star User

Post Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! But considering the quality issues and overall reception, I think I'm gonna table this combo. Back to the drawing board!

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>