(!) ZK - I Really Like Dancing On You (Robyn vs CRJ)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!) ZK - I Really Like Dancing On You (Robyn vs CRJ)

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:22 pm

ZooKreeper - I Really Like Dancing On You (Robyn vs Carly Rae Jepsen)

Robyn - Dancing On My Own (instrumental & acapella)
Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (acapella)

All of the CRJ acapellas I've been able to find for this song are very reverb heavy and kind of muddy in the chorus, but I hope I was able to tweak this enough to make it work :1lipsrsealed:

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: ZK - I Really Like Dancing On You (Robyn vs CRJ)

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Similar compression engineering issue on this one...so I'm going to try to get you out of the habit of pitching or time compression an instrumental (vocals are okay) without vari-speeding.

In this case you would need to pitch up the instrumental allowing the tempo increase to match the studio vocals. This may be too fast though.

The second option would be to pitch down the vocals to match the instrumental pitch.
  • If you varispeed the vocals down you will need to then time compress them back to a faster speed of the instrumental.
  • The alternative option would be to pitch the vocals down without vari-speed but you may loose some of your high-end clarity (t' and s')

Up to you. I think this will work and idea is good like the others you have produced but as an engineer, I can't let you continue and make a habit out of destroying the dynamics of you instrumentals, even if it's only subtle. :1wink:

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:Similar compression engineering issue on this one...so I'm going to try to get you out of the habit of pitching or time compression an instrumental (vocals are okay) without vari-speeding.

In this case you would need to pitch up the instrumental allowing the tempo increase to match the studio vocals. This may be too fast though.

The second option would be to pitch down the vocals to match the instrumental pitch.
  • If you varispeed the vocals down you will need to then time compress them back to a faster speed of the instrumental.
  • The alternative option would be to pitch the vocals down without vari-speed but you may loose some of your high-end clarity (t' and s')

Up to you. I think this will work and idea is good like the others you have produced but as an engineer, I can't let you continue and make a habit out of destroying the dynamics of you instrumentals, even if it's only subtle. :1wink:

Thank you! That is great feedback and I really appreciate it! I’ll work on it :1smiley:

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:21 pm

From an artistic point of view, these two songs match well. I think the mix would benefit by being about one minute shorter overall. But it's worth a recommend in my books.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>