ZooKreeper - Stay On Me (Zedd ft. Hayley Williams vs a-ha)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Zedd ft. Hayley Williams - Stay the Night instrumental
a-ha - Take On Me acapella

I really like taking classic songs and mixing them with contemporary dance :1grin:

v1

No Flash Installed

v1 Download

v2.0

No Flash Installed

v2.0 Download

v2.1

No Flash Installed

v2.1 Download
Last edited by ZooKreeper on Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ZooKreeper - Stay On Me (Zedd ft. Hayley Williams vs a-h

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Holy hurried-up, Batman! :1shocked:

I'm rarely a fan of songs with no introduction whatsoever. There are a few that break that rule well, but this isn't one of them. Overall, I found the first 40 seconds of the song difficult to enjoy. By the 40-second mark I was starting to get into it a bit, but the ever-present feeling that this song is in a hurry to get somewhere makes me wonder if Hayley shouldn't be singing, "Are you gonna stay for a quickie?" :1rolleyes:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:16 pm

satis5d wrote:Holy hurried-up, Batman! :1shocked:

I'm rarely a fan of songs with no introduction whatsoever. There are a few that break that rule well, but this isn't one of them. Overall, I found the first 40 seconds of the song difficult to enjoy. By the 40-second mark I was starting to get into it a bit, but the ever-present feeling that this song is in a hurry to get somewhere makes me wonder if Hayley shouldn't be singing, "Are you gonna stay for a quickie?" :1rolleyes:

Yeah, I'll admit that I was worried about the speed at first but the more I've listened to it the more it grows on me; now the original tempo sounds too slow :1laugh: I know that's not everyone's jam though :1tongue:

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:02 am

DANG! I want this to work for me so badly. They harmonies are incredible but I agree with Satis5d. It's too fast. :1tongue:

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:DANG! I want this to work for me so badly. They harmonies are incredible but I agree with Satis5d. It's too fast. :1tongue:

Ok, you guys convinced me. Slowed it down to 150 in v2.1 and adjusted the volume a little. :1smiley:

2 Star User

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Did you varispeed (the whole masgup) ?
I am on phone, i cannot play two previews at once to know for sure.

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:06 pm

CVS wrote:Did you varispeed (the whole masgup) ?
I am on phone, i cannot play two previews at once to know for sure.

I did slow down the whole thing at once, yes. Is that not good? I was trying to avoid doing it all over from scratch :1undecided:

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:12 pm

I still cannot recommend because of the pitch without vari-speed. Time compression creates a loss in the dynamics as well as smearing and tearing in your upper frequencies. Though this is okay for vocals, it doesn't work well with instrumentals.
I would let this go if it was a meme but the mashup feels more like a banger to me so I can't let it through for engineering reasons. Sorry dude. I do like the idea. :1tongue:

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Happy Cat Disco wrote:I still cannot recommend because of the pitch without vari-speed. Time compression creates a loss in the dynamics as well as smearing and tearing in your upper frequencies. Though this is okay for vocals, it doesn't work well with instrumentals.
I would let this go if it was a meme but the mashup feels more like a banger to me so I can't let it through for engineering reasons. Sorry dude. I do like the idea. :1tongue:

No worries! I’ll look into it a little further and see if I can manage something. If not, it’s all good :1tongue:

2 Star User

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:59 pm

I meant, you SHOULD make sure that you varispeed the whole mashup and change the whole mashup in BOTH speed and key.
About 5.6 percent down in speed is one semitone down.
Do not just put it on a slower speed (and keep pitch), thay is called time compression (when you speed up) ot yime extension (when you speed down, like here).
Boyh sound bad on mentals.
On just vocals it is considered okay.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>