Metallismith Dude Looks Like Orion! Aerosmith Vs Metallica

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Metallismith Dude Looks Like Orion! Aerosmith Vs Metallica

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:11 am

Put at least 4 days of work into this, The middle section features a different artist that I won't talk about until someone guesses it correctly but I got a feeling you will know who it is once you get to it, Well comment and critique once you get the chance, This is going to be quite the ambitious mashup instead of the usual A+B it's A+B+C! This is one of those rare times where I deal with something that isn't 4/4 I figured why the hell not try to do it regardless Thanks Again!
Btw: It was originally intended to use a Hall & Oates song but it was a crappy phonicmind pella and not a source from the studio so I ditched it.

Sources Used
Metallica Orion Instrumental
Aerosmith Dude looks like a lady vocal and some guitar as well.
Special Guest that literally transforms the middle section.

V1

No Flash Installed

Download V1
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 110116.mp3

1 star User

Re: Metallismith Dude Looks Like Orion! Aerosmith Vs Metalli

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Bumped

Re: Metallismith Dude Looks Like Orion! Aerosmith Vs Metalli

Post Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 am

While I absolutely love the album artwork, and the ambitiousness of this mashup, I think you’ve got irreconcilable differences between these tracks. “Dude Looks Like A Lady” is in A mixolydian, over that E minor Orion intro. I thought the middle section might have potential but that Radiohead rhythm is just a bit too “out there” and the chord progression is just a bit too odd to work here (maybe anywhere for that matter!) There might be something out there that’ll work with some parts (probably not all) of Orion, but I don’t even know where to start!

If you go with the Metallismith idea, "Dream On" is in F minor, but might be a bit too mellow and slow for the first/last part of Orion. But also probably not waltzy enough for the middle section…

Love In An Elevator has some E mixo/blues parts, but changes keys frequently, so :1undecided:

Other than that I don’t my Aerosmith keys well enough to give you much...

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>