Mashstix Mash-Off #78 - You gonna sing or what?

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Mashstix Mash-Off #78 - You gonna sing or what?

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:16 pm

The Rules

This month's challenge is something I really like to do when I'm bored:
Pick an instrumental piece (a song that is originally an instrumental) and add vocals to it.

Be creative with the song choice - maybe a movie theme song, video game music, some kind of electronic music or even a classical piece. Any kind of instrumental music is acceptable!
Use ANY vocals/acapella you desire.

Good Luck! :1cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE 5-STEP DESCRIPTION:

At the start of every month, the (newly entitled) Emperor of MashStix posts a thread containing details of the challenge, for Example: 'Mashups 90bpm or slower with the theme of love'. They should also include the '5-Step Description' and the 'FAQ'.
The post will then shortly be stickied to the top of the 'Submit Mashups' section for all to see and respond to with their entries. Entries must be in by the 20th.
A vote will be created within that thread for everyone to vote on who should win and become the new Emperor (the vote can be created by the current emperor so please don't wait for a mod to do it as we are a busy people)
On the 27th (or a day of the month at the current emperor's choice) the poll shall end and the new emperor will be chosen.

The winning track will then be featured on the Frontpage!

FAQ:

> How should I post my mashup?
Entries are to be posted in the thread using the players in the same way as you would on the main Mashstix board (i.e. via Dropbox, Hearthis, SoundCloud or your own webspace), including details of the tracks used.

> Can I use a mashup that I've made previously?
No, that would be cheating!

> What if there is a tie!?
All ties will be settled by the Emperor (sounds like a worthy title now, doesn't it?)

> I didn't win, what can I do with my mashup?
If you are particularly proud of your mashup but didn't win then feel free to post your mashup in the 'Submit Mashup' section as you ordinarily would.

> What do I do if I'm confused??
Private Message one of the moderators for assistance. Start with the Emperor.

> So the Emperor gets to choose the next challenge and settle a tiebreaker, anything else?
The Emperor will attain limitless glory for all of eternity (and bragging rights)

2 Star User

Re: Mashstix Mash-Off #78 - You gonna sing or what?

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:41 am

I like the instrumental theme from 'Who Pays the Ferryman' a lot, Greek melody, but quite busy at times. Also a vinyl rip, so not a steady BPM ?
youtube
I cannot find a good match (after searching for two years), but maybe someone of you can use this for this months mashoff.
[/walks away, singing 'If I Can't Do It' by 50 Cent.]

Let me be the first...

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:19 pm

satis5d | Who Knew Your Extraordinary River
(Jasper Forks vs. Green Day vs. P!nk)

I have wanted to make a mashup of Jasper Forks' River Flows In You for some time now. This was a perfect excuse to get it done. Many options for this contest.

Jasper Forks - River Flows In You
Green Day - Extraordinary Girl (acapella)
P!nk - Who Knew (acapella)

No Flash Installed

Download here
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:44 pm

ZooKreeper - Super Eyes Don't Wanna Go (LiQWYD vs Nicki Minaj vs Alan Walker & Julie Bergan)

LiQWYD - Eyes Closed instrumental (https://www.instagram.com/liqwyd)
Nicki Minaj - Super Bass acapella
Alan Walker & Julie Bergan - I Don't Wanna Go acapella

I made this the day the new contest started and I thought I should sit on it in case I came up with something better, but I really like it so I'm gonna go with it!

No Flash Installed

Download

1 star User

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Someday in The Office

Acapella Someday - Nickelback
Instrumental The Office Theme song

the key is off... idk thought it was funny, that's why i make mashups to make people laugh.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3ef ... e.mp3?dl=0

No Flash Installed

1 star User

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:54 pm

tatertraps wrote:Someday in The Office

the key is off... idk thought it was funny, that's why i make mashups to make people laugh.

I feel this is very on brand for The Office's sense of humor! :1laugh:

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:02 pm

ZooKreeper wrote:
tatertraps wrote:Someday in The Office

I feel this is very on brand for The Office's sense of humor! :1laugh:

Hahaha :1laugh: thanks! I love that show

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:09 am

SMASH - We Are The People In Time (Hans Zimmer vs. Empire Of The Sun)

Instrumental: Hans Zimmer - Time (Music From The Motion Picture Inception) [Cyberdesign Remix]
Vocals: Empire Of The Sun - We Are The People

This piece of instrumental waited too long to be combined with some vocals, and then this Mash-Off was announced :1laugh: Hopefully, you will like it :1wink:

No Flash Installed

Download

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>