(!) ZK - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeekings

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

elmars wrote:Sounds quite professional, but why not the original U2 acapella? Who is Mandi Seekings?

I couldn't find one of the original version and I have no idea who Mandi Seekings is tbh! XD

1 star User

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Okay, great idea and production anyway :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:01 pm

elmars wrote:Okay, great idea and production anyway :1smiley:

Thank you, much appreciated!

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:14 am

ZooKreeper wrote:and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet. Another instance where I think if I knew more I'd be able to do something about it
I don’t think there is much you can do in this case, but the good news is, I really don’t hear anything that’s an issue. If Aloe is dragging behind the beat in the original, there’s no reason why he can’t do it here! The timing and competing parts sound fixed to me in V3. Great work!

P.S. You didn’t have to change the title, but I’m glad you did! :1wink:

1 star User

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:52 am

MashGyver wrote:I don’t think there is much you can do in this case, but the good news is, I really don’t hear anything that’s an issue. If Aloe is dragging behind the beat in the original, there’s no reason why he can’t do it here! The timing and competing parts sound fixed to me in V3. Great work!

P.S. You didn’t have to change the title, but I’m glad you did! :1wink:

Thank you! I'm so glad I was able to make it work! :1cheesy:

Re: (!) ZK - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeekings

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Version 3 is indeed a marked improvement, but I'm not ready to give this one the Front-Page treatment yet.

There are two occasions where you have Mandi and Mr. Black singing at the same time at the same intensity. Science tells us that women can listen to two conversations at once, but men cannot. We have to pick one at the expense of the other. We can switch back and forth very quickly, but we can't hear both messages at the same time. Playing two competing vocals together causes some people (notably males) frustration, and we never want to frustrate the listener.

The solution, I have found, is to make it obvious which one of the two vocals is the leader (the one your "supposed" to be listening to.) In both cases, I would recommend that you lower Mandi's volume considerably. Then when Mr. Black drops out, Mandi can come back at full strength.

I had a similar issue to contend with in my submission for this month's mash-off. Near the end of the song I wanted both vocals to sing, so I made it clear that P!nk was the leader and that Billie Joe was not. But I can still listen to Billie Joe if I want to. Got it?

Otherwise, it's very nice. :1smiley:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:51 pm

satis5d wrote:In both cases, I would recommend that you lower Mandi's volume considerably. Then when Mr. Black drops out, Mandi can come back at full strength.

Got it. v4 is up :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Bump :1smiley:

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>