(!) ZK - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeekings

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

(!) ZK - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeekings

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:16 am

Image

ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up With or Without Cake (Flo Rida vs Avicii vs Mandi Seekings)

Flo Rida & 99 Percent - Cake Instrumental
Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up Acapella
Mandi Seekings - With or Without You Acapella



No Flash Installed


Download

v2

No Flash Installed


v2 Download

v3

No Flash Installed


v3 Download

v4

No Flash Installed


v4 Download
Last edited by ZooKreeper on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:38 am

I'd love some feedback on this if anyone has some :1smiley:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:12 pm

I like the combination. :1smiley:

What stands out to me is the use of Mandy's acapella. Are you intentionally using the off-timing effect? There are times when it seems that you want her singing the same way that U2 would have sung it, hitting on the syncopated rhythm, but you seem to want to have her sing it more straight. I think that the mix might sound better with the more traditional placement of the vocals.

Either way, there are times when Mandi is falling behind the instrumental. It is especially noticeable near the end of the mix.

Otherwise, there is a section right after the 2-minute mark that sounds rather confusing to me.

I hope you will give us a version 2 of this.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

satis5d wrote:I like the combination. :1smiley:

What stands out to me is the use of Mandy's acapella. Are you intentionally using the off-timing effect? There are times when it seems that you want her singing the same way that U2 would have sung it, hitting on the syncopated rhythm, but you seem to want to have her sing it more straight. I think that the mix might sound better with the more traditional placement of the vocals.

Either way, there are times when Mandi is falling behind the instrumental. It is especially noticeable near the end of the mix.

Otherwise, there is a section right after the 2-minute mark that sounds rather confusing to me.

I hope you will give us a version 2 of this.

Thanks for the feedback! Could you be a little more specific about the section that's confusing you? I'll take another crack at Mandi's timing :1grin:

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:17 pm

v2 is up, started more or less from scratch on With or Without You. I think I kind of chopped and screwed it on v1 and this time I fiddled with the tempo first, then directly copy and pasted with a couple tweaks here and there. Hope it's better :1huh: I've listened to it so many times in a row I don't know if I can tell anymore XD

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:47 am

I think you could title it, “Wake Me Up With Or Without Cake” to get full representation of the songs in there, but I digress…

The Mandi timing still seems hit or miss with V2. The verse section seems a beat or two early still, but the “with or without you”s around 0:37 seem to be right on time. The bridge “and you give…” sounds great too. If you go back and listen to the original “With Or Without You”, the vocals don’t come in until about 2.5 beats into the first bar of each stanza. I think you have her coming in after half a beat. Hope that explains it a bit better.

At 2:01-2:17ish you’ve got the “cake cake cake”s in the background and it really conflicts with Aloe Blacc’s vocal rhythm there--those two parts just aren’t rhythmically compatible. I’m sure that’s what satis5d was talking about. Some possible solutions could be: 1) just remove the Aloe vocals there; 2) loop a different section of the instrumental there under Aloe; or 3) chop and screw Aloe’s vocals to match/complement the “cake”s better there.

…or maybe you have another idea on what to do there! It all depends on your artistic vision there and how it affects the progression and flow of the track. We won’t tell you how your track has to sound--we’ll just tell you if something doesn’t sound right and give you some suggestions! Best of luck!

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:21 pm

MashGyver wrote:I think you could title it, “Wake Me Up With Or Without Cake” to get full representation of the songs in there, but I digress…

The Mandi timing still seems hit or miss with V2. The verse section seems a beat or two early still, but the “with or without you”s around 0:37 seem to be right on time. The bridge “and you give…” sounds great too. If you go back and listen to the original “With Or Without You”, the vocals don’t come in until about 2.5 beats into the first bar of each stanza. I think you have her coming in after half a beat. Hope that explains it a bit better.

At 2:01-2:17ish you’ve got the “cake cake cake”s in the background and it really conflicts with Aloe Blacc’s vocal rhythm there--those two parts just aren’t rhythmically compatible. I’m sure that’s what satis5d was talking about. Some possible solutions could be: 1) just remove the Aloe vocals there; 2) loop a different section of the instrumental there under Aloe; or 3) chop and screw Aloe’s vocals to match/complement the “cake”s better there.

…or maybe you have another idea on what to do there! It all depends on your artistic vision there and how it affects the progression and flow of the track. We won’t tell you how your track has to sound--we’ll just tell you if something doesn’t sound right and give you some suggestions! Best of luck!


I was trying to save space and time by leaving "or without" out of the title (and also denying people the option of waking me up without it, because why would I let them? :1wink: ) but you're right. It makes more sense this way, so I've updated the title and the cover art :1grin:

And this is where my inexperience really shows I guess. Tried again to fix Mandi's timing and hope I did better this time. I also looped a different section of the instrumental under Aloe's second set of vocals.

I'll keep trying to fix it as long as you guys are willing to keep listening! Thank you for your patience and all the help!

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:08 am

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:15 am

I like the combo, was surprised by Aloe Black. Only deyail remark is that around 1.30 (before and after as well, i am listening on phone) he seems 'dragging' the mix, like he is a tiny bit late ?

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 pm

CVS wrote:I like the combo, was surprised by Aloe Black. Only deyail remark is that around 1.30 (before and after as well, i am listening on phone) he seems 'dragging' the mix, like he is a tiny bit late ?

The only vocal tracks I've been able to find all seem to lag a bit and have really strong drum beats still underneath them during that part (and it happens in both choruses) that conflict with the beats from the instrumental, and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet. Another instance where I think if I knew more I'd be able to do something about it :1cry:

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:36 am
Location: Germany

Re: ZooKreeper - Wake Me Up w Cake|FloRida-Avicii-MandiSeeki

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Sounds quite professional, but why not the original U2 acapella? Who is Mandi Seekings?

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests