CVS Don't Echame La Culpa, IWM (Shaggy,Fonsi,Lovato)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

CVS Don't Echame La Culpa, IWM (Shaggy,Fonsi,Lovato)

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:46 am

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/tl7inl67rgf1ctc/DONT%20ECHAME%20LA%20CULPA%20IT%20WASNT%20ME.JPG?dl=0g]
sources
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me (acapella)
Luis Fonsi and Demi Lovato - Echame La Culpa (instrumental)

Thanks Crossability for your review on Shaggy-version 1
After fixing the placements you mentioned, made new artwork, and
I used mentalpart 0:00 - 0:11 twice to carry the spoken intro (crossfade edit @0:11).
Used mental part (about) 0:29 - 0:49 twice (crossfade @0:49), this part could have been longer untill 0:58, but I like the variation to have Shaggy (not Rayvon) rap on a sort of 'break'.
I 'feel' the mashup is better structured now.

No Flash Installed

download-shaggy-v2
=================
to compare older and other versions below

version 2 (but this is Shaggy-V1)
After Satis5d's review (below) I changed the vocal to another source. Because it wasn't Shaggy, people should not put the blame (culpa) on him.
I am starting to work on another mental-source for the 'remind me' part now.

No Flash Installed

download-v1

Sort of a lucky find, I only had to extend the Culpa-mental in three places. @0:50 @1:40 @2:39,5 to make it fit the Remind-pella
Kygo ft Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (acapella)
Luis Fonsi and Demi Lovato - Echame La Culpa (instrumental)

No Flash Installed

download-version1-othersources
Last edited by CVS on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:06 am, edited 5 times in total.

Re: CVS Remind Me 2 4get Da Culpa (Fonsi,Lovato,Kygo,Miguel)

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:52 pm

I was kind of excited about this mix when I saw the sources. I love that Kygo song, especially. But upon listening, I don't find that the combination is a good one.

It's one of those times where the key is right and the tempo is right but the songs just don't have enough magnetism for each other to make the mix sound pleasing to the ear. Having said this, it it entirely a personal taste issue, so others may feel differently.

I did find the echo parts (like just after the 1:00 mark) to be problematic, but that just amplified my overall concern.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Re: CVS Don't Echame La Culpa, IWM (Fonsi,Lovato,Kygo,Miguel

Post Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:28 am

Satis5d, thanks for your review, I changed the vocal-source to another one, more in the latin-area, now in the O.P.

Re: CVS Don't Echame La Culpa, IWM (Shaggy,Fonsi,Lovato)

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:40 pm

So listenting to v2 with your replacement acapella source, this has the same issue that I mentioned in your other Bruno Mars vs Omi submission post in terms of the vocal placement.

The vocals come in too late due to the full intro part that you’ve included. So what I’d try and do is: ‘Honey came in and she caught me red-handed’ needs to start around the 0:11 mark – not 0:24 as it currently is.

Listenting to original Fonsi track though, it sounds like you will have to cut and edit quite a lot of the vocals to fit around the structure of the instrumental. i.e the chorus starts early at 0:31 (so to place ‘But she caught me on the counter’ from here) and then second verse starts at 0:51 (so start with ‘Honey came in and she caught me red-handed’ second verse with it again) etc.

2 Star User

Re: CVS Don't Echame La Culpa, IWM (Shaggy,Fonsi,Lovato)

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:07 am

Thanks Crossability for your review, I restructured reusing two mental-parts and put new version in O.P.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>