Just Don't Deserve Enough (OMD, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Just Don't Deserve Enough (OMD, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys)

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:53 am

Ryan Cannell - Just Don't Deserve Enough (OMD vs Depeche Mode vs Pet Shop Boys)

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Don't Go
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough instrumental
Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done to Deserve This? acapella

Listening to the latest OMD single, I just wanted to mix in a few of my other favourite synthpop songs.

No Flash Installed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7kkhpo216d9t ... h.mp3?dl=0
Last edited by gt_alien on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Just Don't Deserve Enough (OMD, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop B

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Welcome to Mashstix, Ryan (is that your name?) :1smiley:

Regarding the player, I think it will not work with WAV files, you should use Mp3 format for that.

As for you track, I like the idea of this one, a bit busy, likely because of using more than one instrumental in parallel, having said that, it sounds good most of the time, so I'm giving you one thumb up for creativity :1wink:

1 star User

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:57 pm

Thanks Smash! I've now updated the player with the MP3 version. It is Ryan, I actually posted this track http://www.mashstix.com/005212 a couple of years ago but I must have used a different account.

The OMD track is so new so there's not yet an acapella (and my attempt at filtering one wasn't the greatest success !).

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:30 pm

The busy-ness of the mix doesn't bother me. What's holding me back from recommending this one is a small and hopefully easy-to-fix issue with the use of "we could make a deal" from the PSB. It sounds like it's out of sorts with the rest of the song. It either needs to be pitched (up or down) or tossed out.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:27 pm

I really like the creativity of this mashup, and the 80s bands synthpop-inspired sound.

For me, it occasionally sounds like it works ok with being able to get away with the overlapping instrumentation simultaneously. However, I feel as if it’s overcrowded a bit too much to go unnoticed in the mostpart which is a shame.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>