DJ Guy's - Oye Shape Of Spanish (Oye Mi Canto Mashup) (96)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

DJ Guy's - Oye Shape Of Spanish (Oye Mi Canto Mashup) (96)

Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:46 am

DJ Guy's - Oye Sharpe Of You (Oye Me Canto Mashup).jpg

No Flash Installed

Shape Of You (Key kept at C#m)
Ed Sheeran

Mashed with

Oye Mi Canto (Instrumental) (Key changed to C#m)
N. o. r. e.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: DJ Guy's - Oye Shape Of Spanish (Oye Mi Canto Mashup) (9

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm

The first minute of this combo is pretty rough. :1sad: It's almost completely OOK (out of key). It's not as bad after the first minute, but I don't think the mix is salvageable.

Sometimes we have to move on to the next mashup and chalk this one up to a "learning experience." :1wink:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Hey satis5d,

Just read your opinion regarding my mashup Oye Shape Of Spanish (oye Me Canto Mashup). Wish it had been a positive one, but unfortunately it was not. I do have to respond and note that all tracks used in the mashup are synced in the same key of C#m.
I'd really like to hear Happy Cats Disco's opinion...

Respectfully,
DJ Guy
(Guy Stegmaier)

2 Star User

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:20 am

Well, Happy told me the last couple of times that he does not like pitch changed instrumentals that are not varispeeded (and he was right, I admit).
Because you mention 'sync' in your text that could be the case here. You can try to flip the mashup around, and change the single vocal of Ed one semitone and leave the (multitrack) mental as it is.
Also I found out that the key that sync programs give, is NOT always right. But Ed Sheeran is really in C# minor. So NORE can be another key than you think. (I dont know the song).

1 star User

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:44 am

Hmmm... Well, I understand the point you are making. Yet not sure if it actually applies here.
But I will give it some thought. Ed Sheeran in the Shape of You is in C#minor as you mentioned, and it is the instrumental of Oye Mi Canto that was originally in A#minor that was changed to C#minor match.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>