(FP) Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

(FP) Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii)

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:26 pm

SMASH - Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii)

Instrumental: Depeche Mode - But Not Tonight (Projekt XII Tribute Remix)
Vocals: Avicii - Wake Me Up

I was looking for a candidate to mash with "But Not Tonight" for a long time, I found a nice remix instrumental made for this song, hope you like the result :1wink:

The video is with the first version!!
phpBB [media]

V2

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii)

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 pm

I love this one! :1shocked: :1kiss: :1cool:

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: (!) Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii)

Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Good combo, SMASH! Nice echoes at 3:13 and 4:12!

Vocals get lost in the mix around 2:44-2:57 for me. Honestly I think all the vocals could use at least 1dB boost, and maybe more in that spot. Also, there is some weird, abrupt transition sounds between Aloe’s syllables, almost as if you are stuck on the “Beats” algorithm rather than “Complex Pro”, but it’s not as pronounced as “Beats” normally is. :1undecided: Was that an intentional electronic effect in the ‘pella, or by you?

Sounds great otherwise. Should be on the FP soon enough!

Re: Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii)

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:53 pm

satis5d wrote:I love this one! :1shocked: :1kiss: :1cool:

Thanks for recommend :1kiss:

MashGyver wrote:Good combo, SMASH! Nice echoes at 3:13 and 4:12!

Vocals get lost in the mix around 2:44-2:57 for me. Honestly I think all the vocals could use at least 1dB boost, and maybe more in that spot. Also, there is some weird, abrupt transition sounds between Aloe’s syllables, almost as if you are stuck on the “Beats” algorithm rather than “Complex Pro”, but it’s not as pronounced as “Beats” normally is. :1undecided: Was that an intentional electronic effect in the ‘pella, or by you?

Sounds great otherwise. Should be on the FP soon enough!

Thanks!

The pella works with "Complex Pro", of course, that's one of the usual procedures I'm doing when adjusting the sources. As for the weird sound at that section, I guess it's a coincident of a dirty acapella, and I think the instrumental has some beat effect on the vocals on that part as well, which I think, turned out to be cool :1cool:

Version 2 is up with some more gain on specific areas :1wink:

EDIT: I added the video clip I made in the OP, please note, I used there the first version of this mash.

Re: (!) Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii)

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:36 pm

SMASH wrote:I think the instrumental has some beat effect on the vocals on that part as well, which I think, turned out to be cool
Yeah, it’s not a bad effect--I just wondered if it was an accident, or if it was something you’d noticed.

Volume issues sound resolved in V2, so...

Re: (FP) Wake Me Up But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode vs. Avicii

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:27 am

Thanks, Mash :1grin:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>