(!) Happier Clouds (Bastille Vs Boxplot)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

(!) Happier Clouds (Bastille Vs Boxplot)

Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am

Happier Clouds(Bastille Vs Boxplot)

Inst: BoxPlot - Escape With The Clouds | https://soundcloud.com/boxplot/boxplot- ... clouds-vip
Vocal: Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier | https://youtu.be/m7Bc3pLyij0

DnBeans 4 Teens[tm]

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xjdcdd3im7e7nt ... Clouds.mp3

3 Star User

Re: Happier Clouds(Bastille Vs Boxplot)

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:51 am

Bump n bounce or pump n dump - what you reckon people?

Re: Happier Clouds(Bastille Vs Boxplot)

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:14 pm

I wasn't sure at first if I was okay with the lowered Bastille vocals. But on second listen, I decided that I was okay with it. A SgtMash classic!

I recommend.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: (!) Happier Clouds (Bastille Vs Boxplot)

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 pm

Hmmm, Sarge. I’m not sold on this one.

The drums are in double-time, yet the Bastille song still sounds very slow to me (is it slower than its original tempo?) Technically you got the timing right, but I’m not sure the mashup is very convincing the way it is now because of the tempo discrepancy. Varispeeding the whole thing up 3% might help this, if it doesn’t make that instrumental sound too fast. :1undecided:

I also think the Bastille vocals need the usual SgtMash treatment--reverb and/or delay. They are very in-your-face while the instrumental sounds way back there. Could also be a volume issue, as satis5d pointed it.

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:59 pm

bump
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm

This is a great pairing, very atmospheric sound to it. The speed/tempo of the vocals is totally fine for me. This doesn't sound out of place when compared to these types of Drum & Bass tracks containing vocals, and feels in keeping with this style.

I had the same opinion as satis5d in terms of the lower key of the Bastille vocal, as at first I wasn't sure but soon got used to it being how it is.

Only thing holding me back from frontpaging is the vocals sound like they become noticeably louder in volume from 1:22 onwards.

Plus, also as MG says, could benefit from some wetter reverb to enhance the overall sound of the mix.

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:47 am

Indeed a Sgt classic :1smiley:

As mentioned by others, I also think the lower-key on Bastille vocal make this combo less believable, it might happen as a result of the chosen algorithm used for the vocal channel (or not) :1undecided:

Anyway, as said, there is room for some mix adjustments, hopefully you'll be able to resolve them :1wink:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>