Lil Nas X & BRC Vs Kid Rock - Old Town Cowboy

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Lil Nas X & BRC Vs Kid Rock - Old Town Cowboy

Post Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi everyone. A friend of mine suggested these two be "mixed" together, so I did it! it's nowhere near a professional job and the audiophiles will probably pick it apart.

Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (Remix)
Vs
Kid Rock - Cowboy

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hd4 ... o.mp3?dl=0

1 star User

Re: Lil Nas X & BRC Vs Kid Rock - Old Town Cowboy

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:32 am

Not bad! Certainly, not as bad as you made it sound in your description. On the whole, I'd say your song is interesting, engaging, and correctly pitched and beatmapped. Can't ask for much more than that.

If you're looking for ways to improve the song, I'd suggest raising the volume of the intro. It was a little jarring when the instrumental picked up. Also, it sounds like your outro vocals are a little flat. Bring it up a half step and see how that sounds.

Re: Lil Nas X & BRC Vs Kid Rock - Old Town Cowboy

Post Wed May 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Second Chance has nailed it. It's a good mix except that the handoffs between songs are too obvious. the part between the beginning and ending is very enjoyable.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>