(FP) Pony vs 7 Rings (Ginuwine, Ariana Grande)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(FP) Pony vs 7 Rings (Ginuwine, Ariana Grande)

Post Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:35 pm

jimmylin
Pony vs 7 Rings

Sources:
Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (Instrumental)
Ginuwine - Pony (Vocals)

Notes:
Not the most complicated mix (the two sources were already in the same key and I only had to adjust the tempo of the Ginuwine vocals by like 2%), but I thought the combo was interesting enough to give it a shot.

Audio (updated with fixed outro)

No Flash Installed

Download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jc3can2uw767cte/jimmylin%20%5Bmashups%5D%20-%20Pony%20vs%207%20Rings%20%28Ginuwine%20vs%20Ariana%20Grande%29.mp3?dl=1
Last edited by hijimmylin on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Pony vs 7 Rings (Ginuwine, Ariana Grande)

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:49 pm

I enjoyed this one a lot. :1grin:
A very easy recommend with no suggestions.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Re: (!) Pony vs 7 Rings (Ginuwine, Ariana Grande)

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:42 am

Great combo. Love it when the bass drops @0:40. This is where the real dancing (flirting) starts in the club. Remember: girls dance on the words, boys on the beat.

Artistic
If you in another, extra version would add a kick on the empty beats (if I count right, they are now on 1+3, so extra on 2+4) the continuous slow beat would be obvious to even the non-dancers (think wedding party, office party, xmas at the pub) and lure them to the dancefloor as well.
For the (now) empty beat you have to be a skilled dancer to use it. For them this song will lead to 'succes' with a prospective partner.

Maybe you can add ' 's waiting' about @2:52 to complete the lyric after 'saddle'.
But I agree with Satis5d, great as it is already.

1 star User

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Thanks satis5d and CVS!
CVS, I'll mess around with the kicks and see if anything comes of it. Separately, I updated the outro to include the full lyrics (you're right, it didn't sound right with some of the words missing).

Re: Pony vs 7 Rings (Ginuwine, Ariana Grande)

Post Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:59 am

satis5d wrote:I enjoyed this one a lot. :1grin:

I do !

FRONTPAGED :1wink:

1 star User

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm

CVS wrote:Great combo. Love it when the bass drops @0:40. This is where the real dancing (flirting) starts in the club. Remember: girls dance on the words, boys on the beat.

Artistic
If you in another, extra version would add a kick on the empty beats (if I count right, they are now on 1+3, so extra on 2+4) the continuous slow beat would be obvious to even the non-dancers (think wedding party, office party, xmas at the pub) and lure them to the dancefloor as well.
For the (now) empty beat you have to be a skilled dancer to use it. For them this song will lead to 'succes' with a prospective partner.

Maybe you can add ' 's waiting' about @2:52 to complete the lyric after 'saddle'.
But I agree with Satis5d, great as it is already.

Yeah, I listened to the music, and thought the beats weren't the most noticeable things ever, which would make it hard to dance to.
I'm not an enthusiastic dancer AT ALL (I just like the music style) and try to avoid dancing at all costs, but if the beat was more marked, then I'd have been tempted as well and would have joined the dancefloor.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>