(!) DJ SecondChance - DuraTime (Pink Floyd vs Ratatat)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: (!) DJ SecondChance - DuraTime (Pink Floyd vs Ratatat)

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:46 am

I want to put this one on the Front Page--There is a lot to like about this one. Unfortunately I’m also unsure about the sound quality. It sounds like the instrumental has been re-pitched enough to affect its quality, as well as the limitation of the PhonicMind (I’m assuming) acapella rip.

If you can do anything to improve the sound of the instrumental I might send this one up. I realize the vocals are a different story, but sometimes you can mask them in effects even more so than you already have.

It’s a top notch idea, though--Hopefully we’ll start hearing some more Pink Floyd mashups thanks to PhonicMind!

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:20 pm

Agree with the others, very unique and special mashup, but still, the quality is not a FP ready for me as well :1cry:

Hopefully, you will manage to improve it in a way.

1 star User

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Just finished off the other mashup I've been working on, I'll give this one another look soon and see what I can do.

1 star User

Post Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:54 am

Ok, new version posted.

Had to drop the Floyd vocals by a semitone to allow the instrumental to sound better. It's a tradeoff to be sure, but I think it improves the song as a cohesive whole. Also adjusted Guitar Hawking's effects filters, and bumped up the bass a smidge in the instrumental.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:33 am

DJ SecondChance wrote:Had to drop the Floyd vocals by a semitone to allow the instrumental to sound better. It's a tradeoff to be sure, but I think it improves the song as a cohesive whole. Also adjusted Guitar Hawking's effects filters, and bumped up the bass a smidge in the instrumental.
Hmmm…V1 and V4 sound like they’re in the same key here…are you sure you changed anything? The quality doesn’t seem to be getting better to me either…in fact it’s losing even more “punch” as you post successive versions??? :1huh: Are you using Audacity without resetting to the original tracks each version? I don’t know what we be causing this loss of quality otherwise. And as I listen to the original “Dura” on YouTube I hear so much punch in the drums that’s missing...

Don’t get me wrong…I absolutely loooove this combo. But besides some of the (awesome) effects you’ve added to the vocals, I’m not sure it’s going in the right direction… :1undecided:

1 star User

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:36 am

Yikes, my bad. That was a dropbox flub on my part. I thought I could manually update the URL of the existing link and that it would work, but you need to generate a fresh link for each individual file you want to share.

v3 and v4 are now working as intended. Sorry about that!

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>