Arigato Mr Cyborgo(Styx Vs Cyantific)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:33 am

Vocal: Styx - Mr. Roboto | https://youtu.be/uc6f_2nPSX8
Instrumental: Cyantific - Cyborg VIP (ft. BMotion) | https://youtu.be/1O87LraTrWM

The reasons I did this were written in the titles; Felt like Prog DnB was meant to be to me. IDK should this have been my comp entry?!!

May tweak some producer types ears as the key's a bit 70's prog rock at times, but man I like it so you must suffer it too :1laugh:

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zsvfuug0riblwh ... o%20II.mp3

Re: Arigato Mr Cyborgo(Styx Vs Cyantific)

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Definitely not your run-of-the-mill mix. :1tongue:

I'm good with most of this, but the timing of the Styx's vocals around the beginning of the song seems to be out of place. It sounds to me like they are coming in early fairly often. By about 1:50 you seem to have the timing issue rectified.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm

satis5d wrote:I'm good with most of this, but the timing of the Styx's vocals around the beginning of the song seems to be out of place. It sounds to me like they are coming in early fairly often. By about 1:50 you seem to have the timing issue rectified.

I definitely hear that - I got so caught up in the chorus and flailing my my head around to the beat I forgot to go look back again tbh ;)

I'll take a look and see if I can get the start back in the sweet spot. ty xx

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 am

Let me just say that “Mr. Roboto” is an Expert Level song to mash, so I am planning on going easy on you! :1wink: Also, that instrumental sounds wicked hard to mash as well!

From 3:07 to 3:51 was the highlight for me--the DnB “Domo Arigato”s was incredible! If that 44 seconds was the whole mashup I’d be totally satisfied with it! The whole vibe is very unique, creative, and highly enjoyable.

As far as the key stuff goes, it doesn’t all work, but I get you were going for here…I enjoy the Prog Rock feel of it...I do think I’d prefer to hear a few notes spot-pitched to work better with the instrumental. For example, the last note of the “robochoir" intro (notes at 0:48 and 0:54) might work better down a single semitone. I’d have to hear it for myself, but I also think a lot of the verse sections might be better down 3 semitones (yeah I know that’s a lot), but again these are both pretty tricky tracks to be using so it might take some radical action to make this thing work!

And the timing is rough at times…such a hard song to begin with, so you get plenty of cool points just for attempting. I almost wonder if you should break for the “I am the modern (man)” lyric where “man” lands on the downbeat so the rest lands in the right spot thereafter. :1undecided: Your call, man! I dig the concept.

Best of luck!

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>