[FP] Telephone Flex (Lady Gaga Vs Volor Flex)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

[FP] Telephone Flex (Lady Gaga Vs Volor Flex)

Post Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Telephone Flex (Lady Gaga Vs Volor Flex)

Vocal: Lady Gaga - Telephone | https://youtu.be/EVBsypHzF3U
Instrumental: Volor Flex - I Miss You | https://youtu.be/iAFR0HvwfBQ

Not had a lot of time recently to get mashing, but had a couple of hours today and thought I'd take Gaga for a spin down future garage alley and see what happened!

Lotsa verb, some repitching, some vocal chops and some EQ work to bring them together. I like to think both artists would be happy to colab. on the track :1laugh:

Hope you like it, could be longer, but I thought it had said what needed to be said really and the rest was just intro in the instrumental and I know Mashup peeps tend to like to hear what's being mashed with what fairly quickly xx

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/76ugt44xt45xan ... 20Flex.mp3

Re: Telephone Flex (Lady Gaga Vs Volor Flex)

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:30 am

Welcome back, Sarge!

This sounds like classic SgtMash and I dig it! Nice job on that reverb and effects--she really sounds like she’s floating around with that instrumental! She even cuts through the mix pretty nicely when the bass is real boomy (around 0:45, for example.)

2 Star User

Re: (!)Telephone Flex (Lady Gaga Vs Volor Flex)

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:40 am

\o/ ty MashGyver, good to be back. Yea was easy to fit and hard to mix/master this one, glad you like it xx

Re: (!)Telephone Flex (Lady Gaga Vs Volor Flex)

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:51 am

I was wondering if you left us, welcome back, Sgt, and nice comeback mix, I like what you did here :1cool:

Hope to see you more often :1wink:

2 Star User

Re: [FP] Telephone Flex (Lady Gaga Vs Volor Flex)

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:58 pm

I love it Sgt. Nice work :1cool:

What is that effect plugin you've used on the vocals, it sounds much like the NI Replika XT ?
Im trying to learn the full potential of that plugin myself, it seems like a wonderful prog for vocals if that what you've used..?

This is what a well executed Mashup sounds like :1smiley:

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Instantly recognizable as a Sgt.Mash tune. Hauntingly beautiful. :1cool:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:46 am

Thanks for the FP & love guys <3

Dj-Legato wrote:What is that effect plugin you've used on the vocals, it sounds much like the NI Replika XT ?

Actually it's a free fx rack called Anthem 1 Rift gave away on Soundcloud for 1k followers - bright long reverb, couple compressors & EQ all aimed at Future Garage. Found that with a few EQ tweaks it seems able to drop most vocals into a fuller instrumental (kinda what I'm almost always trying to do)

If you use Ableton lemme know I'll link the .adg - it's pretty versatile

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>