Thrill ''O'' The Times Prince Vs Michael Jackson

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: Thrill ''O'' The Times Prince Vs Michael Jackson

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:03 pm

V3 is now on the OP decreased it by 2 decibels. Comment or Critique once you get the chance Thanks Again!

1 star User

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:53 am

Bumped

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 am

Version 3 is better, still, I think you can improve this one, just heard a couple of things I missed in the previous review (I'm blaming the vocal level :1tongue: )
The vocal is loaded with reverb, I guess this is not your fault, I can live with the first 2 minutes, but as soon the mental is dropping it starts to sound odd and empty :1undecided:
Maybe you can add some parts from Vincent Price so people will not lose interest, and maybe also make it shorter from the same last reason :1wink:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:06 pm

So maybe I don’t get out enough but, what exactly is the surprise in the intro? :1huh: Or are you keeping it a surprise?

SMASH wrote:The vocal is loaded with reverb
Agreed. Did you add the reverb and/or delays? If so, I would back off a bit on them.

SMASH wrote:Maybe you can add some parts from Vincent Price so people will not lose interest, and maybe also make it shorter from the same last reason :1wink:
It does seem long and repetitive after a while now. I have a few other creative suggestions to help:

* There are a lot of bars I think you could cut out in between verses. Most of the “zombie break” parts are very repetitive. Also, you shouldn’t have to repeat lines like in the first verse (“turn on the telly and…”) I would just edit out that whole measure or two. I feel like this is about a 4½ minute song stuck inside a 5½ minute song’s body…
* Rather than the long fade out, can you just use the original ending right before the Vinnie Price laughs? You could leave out the laughs, or see if you can find a sample of Prince laughing, for something fun…
* I feel like the original Thriller bridge (the “night creatures call…” part) with some creatively laid Prince vocals or Calum's guitar licks over it, would break the monotony a bit.
* It just occurred to me that the word “time” from Thriller’s second verse (“you’re out of time!”) could be a fun bit to try and intermingle with Prince’s “time” chorus, as long as you don’t have to “force” it.

All in all, the whole project is moving in the right direction. I hope you stick with it!

1 star User

Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:43 pm

V4 has now been added to the OP, Features a new instrumental mixdown and more MJ vocals and Vincent Price's vocal towards the end to reduce the repetition. Along with the original outro This will be the last version! Comment and Critique once you get the chance!

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Bumped

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>