AC-DC Vs. Michael Jackson Thrillerstruck!

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: AC-DC Vs. Michael Jackson Thrillerstruck!

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 pm

Improving!

The guitar over the intro is starting to come together, but you’ve still got some clashing going on. The second arpeggio is perfect and the fourth arpeggio starts out perfect, but starts going into the next part too early. If you play the original arpeggio, untouched over the first chord (B D♯ B F♯ B…) over the first chord it should work, and the modified, retuned second arpeggio from your previous versions (C♯ F♯ C♯ A♯ C♯…) over the third chord it should work...

The vocal placement and tempo seems good from 0:57 and on, but they do seem to start a tiny bit behind the beat and continue to be behind for the whole first verse. They match up nicely with the chorus and the first “Thunderstruck!”

At 2:18 you repeat “some dancers who gave a good time”…and then everything after that seems to come late and not match up with the chorus. I wonder if you just let the whole vocal run straight through if it would work better…

From 3:10 to 3:58 there isn’t much going on…the guitar riffs you have going there aren’t on the beat and don’t really do much for me personally. The main (intro) riff might work there, or just cutting out that whole verse might help get things moving along too.

The guitar solo at 3:58 sounds pretty good. It’s about a half a beat behind, I think, and it sounds very thin, as if it’s mono, and I know these stems come in stereo. Did you just use a single guitar track from the .mogg file?

The guitars and the low-tuned monster-voiced “oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh”s near the end are awesome. Timing still needs a bit of tightening, and again the guitars sound mono. I think adding some echoes to those monster vocals would help the effect too.

You might think about putting some subtle echoes/delays on all the vocals throughout the track to add to “Thriller” effect. The “Thunda” and “Thunderstruck” at the intro could benefit from a truckload of reverb too.

This might be the best combo you’ve come up with, at least in my opinion, so I would take my time if I were you. You still have more than two months until Halloween! :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Version 4 is now on the OP! Comment and Critique once you get the chance added some Delay to the vocal fixed the intro guitar it should be repitched properly now, Plus fixed some vocal timing issues. One more version after this and if V5 isn't successful I will move on to another project.
Also the Donington stems were panned awkwardly the guitar in the intro is now in true stereo!

2 Star User

Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

Version 5 is now on the OP!, Fixed Guitar Intro it's now in stereo and it is repitched again, Added additional Guitars before the breakdown section, Added Delay to Brian's vocal Comment once you get the chance!

Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:50 pm

I would just kill the guitar at the intro, it's sounding like the pitching is more trouble than it's worth. The idea is cool. You just need to tighten up the vocals so they are in sync with the instrumental. They fall a little late at times. :1smiley:

2 Star User

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:58 am

Fixed the vocals timing, A special guest is featured after the guitar solo, I also got rid of the Guitar in the intro as HCD said it wasn't working out, This is my last version of this mix then on to something different thanks again and critique once you get the chance!

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>