(!)MarinMashup CreepyMarseilles(HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOHEAD)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: (!)MarinMashup CreepyMarseilles(HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOH

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:04 pm

I posted the V3 i tried to realign the phrases. For the weirdo who sounds off key i will see.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:14 pm

I like the idea, MarinMashup! It makes “Creep” sound very pretty, and it makes the piano piece more haunting, so it’s an improvement all around. I do still think you have some work to do however...

TIMING: I think the instrumental has a much slower tempo than the vocals, and to make the timing work you’ll either have to really slow down the vocals (which doesn’t usually yield the best results), speed up the instrumental, or do a combination of both.

HARMONY: As far as “weirdo”, the very last syllable is the only note that doesn’t belong theoretically, so if you can isolate just the very last bit and bring it down a semitone you won’t get as much of a clash there.

MIX: The vocals seem to have too much Reverb on them too. They kind of float around backstage behind the piano player. I’m guessing you’ve added some of that yourself, is that right? I would back off on that, and boost the vocals’ volume while you’re at it.

Great first submission, though. Hope to hear this one with some polish, and to hear more from you!

1 star User

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:18 am

Thanks Mashgyver ! I think you're right the vocals are too fast, but slower the vocals is very ugly... And make the instrumental faster make it less beautiful... I will see if i can do a combination of both... For the reverb i do it my self. but maybe I can do it less. Thanks for your reply it's very usefull

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>