[FP] Black Days In Kashmir (Soundgarden vs. Led Zeppelin)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: (!)MG - Black Days In Kashmir (Soundgarden vs. Led Zeppe

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:08 am

satis5d wrote:Despite a few cuts that sounded a bit more abrupt than I would prefer, this is outstanding work.
Do you mean they are they abrupt in the way of sloppy editing, or just my creative choices? There are more cuts in the last minute than I honestly would’ve liked to make, but they were mostly to facilitate some of the trickier transitions there. I added a bit of reverb to a few of them in V2 in hopes of solving the issue.

satis5d wrote:I was pretty much ready to give this my recommendation until I got to 7:07. That section hit me like a wall of sound. Maybe that's what you were going for, but it was too powerful for me. I will recommend this with a bit of a volume decrease from 7:07 onward.
So, I read this comment without listening and had thought for sure you were talking about around 6:29 where the Soundgarden guitars come in and “fatten” the wall of sound for the “finale." But at 7:07 I was going for the opposite in fact! It was a challenge transitioning back from having the extra guitars to not having them, and so I had that delicately balanced initially. But then the EQing to add back the bass might have disturbed that balance. In V2 I have filed that wall down 1 decibel and fine tuned its EQ a bit more.

DRA'man wrote:I like the combo but the mental is still flat IMO. The drums are far. Maybe you could add another one ?
I don’t know what you mean by "add another one", but I did realize I had “narrowed” the instrumental at some point because I thought the vocals sat better in the mix that way, but I think it also took away some punch from the drums. So I added back some of that lost width. Because I’m working with cheap headphones at the moment I can’t tell much about how the mix sounds now.

YITT wrote:This mashup in whole is really growing on me. I mean, I liked it at first, but after listening a few more times and catching more, it's upgraded to awesome.
That’s kind of what my long-winded description about the mashup was saying for me too! The concept at first was, “ok that’s pretty cool”, to eventually something I really got into. I’m glad you’re enjoying it--I was afraid I might be the only one!

VERSION TWO is up top. I can’t properly listen right now, so I hope the mix sounds better!

Re: (!)MG - Black Days In Kashmir (Soundgarden vs. Led Zeppe

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:29 am

I love the tight harmony parts the best. :1grin:

I'm all-in now.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: [FP] Black Days In Kashmir (Soundgarden vs. Led Zeppelin

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Thanks satis5d!

The Easter Egg, by the way, was that the length of the track, 7:20, represents Chris Cornell’s birthday (July 20th.) :1wink:

1 star User

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 am

Crazy fun! Love it...
Facebook: [url]facebook.com/thebiggh[/url]

Enjoy!

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Version 2 sounds even better, well deserved, you've got another winner in your collection :1wink:

2 Star User

Hmm... interesting combo.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:58 pm

I made some tracks like this long ago, so I can understand your reasons for this mashup :1wink:

And yes, this is SO Soundgarden'ish... and maybe the said easter egg is somehow a reference to Chester as well :1smiley:
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Re: Hmm... interesting combo.

Post Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:06 am

GladiLord wrote:and maybe the said easter egg is somehow a reference to Chester as well :1smiley:
I thought about mentioning that too, but I wanted to make this mashup about Chris.

Thanks everyone for making this track better!

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:39 pm

This is the second best recording of Kashmir ever, next to Led Zeppelin. I fell on Black Days In Kashmir when I landed here.

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>