[FP] Maneater In The Middle (Jimmy Eat World vs Hall/Oates)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: [FP] Maneater In The Middle (Jimmy Eat World vs Hall/Oates)

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:09 am

Dont know this Jimmy Eat World tune, hearing it (and as i know previous works) cannot say anything more than it seems a very good mashup with good music taste, no top40 ;)
Last edited by DJ Surda on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:19 am

Great combo and good choice of sources, MG :1cool: You don't submit frequently, but when you do it is always a feast for the ears :1rolleyes:

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:40 pm

DJ Schmolli wrote:That's a proper combo! Congrats! Could benefit from some mastering tho.
Thanks Schmolli! Here I thought I’d done okay on the mastering…if you have some more specific advice I’d love to hear it...

DJ Surda wrote:Dont know this Jimmy Eat World tune, hearing it (and as i know previous works) cannot say anything more than it seems a very good mashup with good music taste, no top40 ;)
Thanks DJ Surda! The Jimmy Eat World tune was huge in the US in the early 2000’s...I guess it just wasn’t as big in Spain. But I’m glad you liked it anyway!

SMASH wrote:Great combo and good choice of sources, MG :1cool: You don't submit frequently, but when you do it is always a feast for the ears :1rolleyes:
Thanks, SMASH! It does take me some time to cook up these feasts and season them to perfection, and I wish I had more time to commit to it. But I do hope it’s worth the wait for you :1wink:

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 am

What is the singing part @ 1:16 from? Sounds like from The Middle, but I don't remember hearing that before.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 am

YITT wrote:What is the singing part @ 1:16 from? Sounds like from The Middle, but I don't remember hearing that before.
It’s just some background vocals I MashGyvered from The Middle’s vocals to fill the space. Re-pitched, reverbed, low-passed, and panned to the sides. Hope it works for you…I liked how it turned out myself.

1 star User

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Excellent pairing!

Well done!
Nick Provost du podcast Mashups, Relish, Moutarde

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:43 pm

MashGyver wrote:
YITT wrote:What is the singing part @ 1:16 from? Sounds like from The Middle, but I don't remember hearing that before.
It’s just some background vocals I MashGyvered from The Middle’s vocals to fill the space. Re-pitched, reverbed, low-passed, and panned to the sides. Hope it works for you…I liked how it turned out myself.

Yeah, sounds nice, like subliminal
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>