(!) S.I.R. - Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

(!) S.I.R. - Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:45 pm

New year, new music! :)

"Rihanna feat. Drake vs. Aaliyah - Work (Age Ain't Nothing But A Number) (S.I.R. Remix)"

phpBB [media]


LINK FOR MOBILE DEVICES:
phpBB [media]


Acapella: "Work" by Rihanna feat. Drake
Instrumental: "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number" by Aaliyah

Preview:

No Flash Installed



DL: http://sirremixes.blogspot.de/2017/01/r ... k-age.html

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work (Age Ain't Nothing But A N

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:25 am

S.I.R. I mean no disrespect to your work. It seems to be technically fine. But from an artistic point of view, this combination reminds me of experiences I've had sitting in the dentist's chair. It's probably my least favorite Rihanna song for all of its repetitiveness and slurring, and put to the slow beat of the instrumental it feels like its never going to end. :1undecided: Sorry.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 am

Re: Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work (Age Ain't Nothing But A N

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:43 pm

I think these two tracks fit together quite well. However, as satis5d stated above it's kinda boring and repetitive. Maybe you should think about shortening it a bit then I can imagine that this would be a nice chillout track for running in the background on a party or in the living room :1smiley:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work (Age Ain't Nothing But A N

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 am

Agree with the others, it is a bit boring and it's not far from how the original "Work" sounds like, though it very well put together in a very high quality.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work (Age Ain't Nothing But A N

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Good combo and mix. :1smiley: I know what everyone is talking about I had a similar problem a few months ago. The solution would be to completely cut 1:41 to 2:33 and shorten the song.

Bringing in Drake at 1:41 would be significant enough to make the songs structure more appealing and dynamic.

But still I...

Image

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: California

Re: (!) S.I.R. - Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work

Post Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 am

S.I.R. what are your thoughts on making a “Radio Edit” version of this track with the sections HCD suggested edited out? I think it’s an excellent track--but I’m with the herd here--it’s about a minute longer than it needs to be...

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

Re: (!) S.I.R. - Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work

Post Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying :)

satis5d wrote:put to the slow beat of the instrumental it feels like its never going to end. :1undecided: Sorry.


I wanted to give Rihanna a 90s vibe feeling by combining her with Aaliyah and R. Kelly :1wink:

SMASH wrote:Agree with the others, it is a bit boring and it's not far from how the original "Work" sounds like, though it very well put together in a very high quality.


It actually is! It's New Jack Swing now :1cheesy:

DJ Dumpz wrote:I think these two tracks fit together quite well. However, as satis5d stated above it's kinda boring and repetitive. Maybe you should think about shortening it a bit then I can imagine that this would be a nice chillout track for running in the background on a party or in the living room :1smiley:


Happy Cat Disco wrote:Good combo and mix. :1smiley: I know what everyone is talking about I had a similar problem a few months ago. The solution would be to completely cut 1:41 to 2:33 and shorten the song.

Bringing in Drake at 1:41 would be significant enough to make the songs structure more appealing and dynamic.


MashGyver wrote:S.I.R. what are your thoughts on making a “Radio Edit” version of this track with the sections HCD suggested edited out? I think it’s an excellent track--but I’m with the herd here--it’s about a minute longer than it needs to be...


Cutting Rihanna's second verse off would mean interfering into the song's original lyrical structure and idea which has always been an absolute no-go for me, unless I'm creating duet versions of two different songs or if I just don't like an artist's output in the original song for lyrical or simply vocal reasons (which has just happened with the Jesse Ritch tune I posted some weeks ago which was original a DJ Bobo song in case you remember him at all LOL). :1smiley:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: (!) S.I.R. - Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:37 am

S.I.R. wrote:Cutting Rihanna's second verse off would mean interfering into the song's original lyrical structure and idea which has always been an absolute no-go for me, unless I'm creating duet versions of two different songs or if I just don't like an artist's output in the original song for lyrical or simply vocal reasons (which has just happened with the Jesse Ritch tune I posted some weeks ago which was original a DJ Bobo song in case you remember him at all LOL). :1smiley:

I know what your saying but I don't think you can damage this song lyrically. :1laugh: :1tongue:

I think you will get a better response and listening duration from the average listener if you decided to edit it down.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:21 am
Location: around here somewhere...I think..

Re: (!) S.I.R. - Rihanna & Drake vs Aaliyah - Work

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:53 am

Technically I didn't mind it but I honestly can't think that I would ever play it again.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 34 guests