[FP] Naughtier (Nine Inch Nails vs Beyonce)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: Naughtier (Nine Inch Nails vs Beyonce)

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 am

Much better :1grin: sounds good to me so...

Re: (!) Naughtier (Nine Inch Nails vs Beyonce)

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Welcome to Mashstix, Vandelay. Being from NYC and all, am I right to guess that the name is a Seinfeld reference?

phpBB [media]

This mashup is great. Congratulations on your first front-page!

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Re: [FP] Naughtier (Nine Inch Nails vs Beyonce)

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 am

Front Page?!! Sweet!!! Thanks everyone!

And satis5ed you are right it’s a Seinfeld reference. Whenever I can’t think of anything original Seinfeld is my fallback lol.

By the way on the front page my name is Vandelay Industries not Vandelay Studios. Not sure how something like that happens. Can an admin fix that?

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Vandelay Studios wrote:By the way on the front page my name is Vandelay Industries not Vandelay Studios. Not sure how something like that happens. Can an admin fix that?

DOH!!! :1rolleyes:
I'll put a request in with Paul. Unfortunately, it's too late for me to correct this. My bad!
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Post Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:13 am

Congrats on the FP, Mr. Vandelay! I’m a big fan of the latex products you import/export, by the way! :1laugh:

I was inspired by this mashup to try the “Naughty Girl” acapella, for its exotic-ness, scale-wise. This will surely bore some readers, but to whomever might be listening to me ramble, the "Phrygian Dominant" or "Spanish Phrygian" scale is often found in Flamenco, various ethnic music (“Hava Nagila” is an easily recognizable example), and is also used a lot in metal and hard rock, but almost not at all in western pop. Since this is the first pop song I’ve heard in this tonality, I decided to dig around for a match in the metal realm:

No Flash Installed

Well…I’m not gonna go much further than that, but it’s been fun!

Again, congrats, and thanks for the inspiration! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>