Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock: DJ Firth wins!!!!

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Vote For Your Favourite Mash

Poll ended at Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:21 pm

A. Das Miles Model - (Kraftwerk vs. Madonna)
13%
B. Hung Black Magic Pipeline (Alan Parsons Project vs Madonna vs Carlos Santana)
17%
C. I Dreamed A Dream of Freedom (Vangelis vs. Lea Michele vs. Irena Menzel vs. Martin Luther King Jr.)
No votes
D. Get Lucky Big Time (Peter Gabriel vs. Daft Punk)
No votes
E. So Sick Of Parabolas (Tool vs. Ne-Yo - So Sick)
8%
F. Big Pressure Thumping Everybody (F. Mercury, D. Bowie, Chumbawamba, Tears For Fears & B. Rexha vs. Muse)
13%
G. Don't Stop Loving Yourself (Justin Bieber vs. Journey)
21%
H. Stand By Your Lonely Heart (Rachel Platten vs. Yes)
17%
I. Die for Mashups (Rush vs. Manowar)
13%

Total votes : 24

Re: Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock: LAST DAY TO VOTE!!!

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:34 am

:1grin: thanks guys, it was close but hey, can't deny - Bieber's latest music is pretty damn good :1laugh:

2 Star User

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:45 am

Congrats Firth!!! It's a really awesome mashup!!! I am the first one to listen and download it on the FP!!!
Brewing up some of your favorite morning mixes.

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 am

Congrats Firth :1smiley: it was a tight competition and for sure you deserve it, great mashup man :1cool:

Re: Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock: DJ Firth wins!!!!

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Well, you weren't going to be denied this time, Firth. Well done! I'm sure you know what to do to get mashup 37 rolling.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Congrats Firth! You made Justin Bieber listenable :1grin: Great mash too!

Re: Mashup Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Thanks guys! :1grin:

satis5d wrote:January saw the largest number of mashoff participants anyone seems to remember. And I believe I had a concept that would keep the momentum going, but that idea is being put on the shelf for now because last month, our winner, Nerd42 didn't get his honor of naming the terms of January's contest. Therefore, I am giving Nerd42 the opportunity to define February's Mashup Contest. Take it away, Nerd42....

MashGyver wrote:I certainly know that if I would have won, I would have passed the buck to satis5d, since I already got to pick a theme after not being an actual winner.

richc100 wrote: I was up for giving next months to satis5d too, as I can't think of an idea (plus aren't likely to win :1grin: ).

What say ye satis5d? Fancy coming up with the next theme? :1smiley:

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:23 pm

DJ Firth wrote:Thanks guys! :1grin:
What say ye satis5d? Fancy coming up with the next theme? :1smiley:

Well, that's very kind of you Firth. I'll tell you what, how about I suggest a couple of the ideas that I had, and you pick the one you like (or a better one of you own :1wink: )

My idea(s) for a great contest involve allowing mashup artists as much freedom as possible to choose the songs they want to mash. The more freedom, the more participation. So here are my suggestions:

1. Piano/keyboard solo
Mashup any songs you want, but somewhere in the mashup there must be a solo of either a piano, a synthesizer keyboard (think Van Halen's "Jump" for example) or an organ (jazz/pipe). The solo does not need to be part of the instrumental track, you can drop a solo in anywhere from any source.

2. Make It Last Forever
Maximum of four sources. Minimum of six minutes. Ideally shooting for an 8 to 10 minute mashup. The one who can keep people's attention the longest, wins.

3. Freestyle
No rules. May the best mashup win!

Anything there catch your interest, Firth? :1shocked:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:35 pm

satis5d wrote:2. Make It Last Forever
Maximum of four sources. Minimum of six minutes. Ideally shooting for an 8 to 10 minute mashup. The one who can keep people's attention the longest, wins.

Anything there catch your interest, Firth? :1shocked:

I like this idea but I don't like the limitation of four sources max so I've altered it to a minimum of 4 sources, hope you don't mind? :1kiss:

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>