Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock: DJ Firth wins!!!!

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Vote For Your Favourite Mash

Poll ended at Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:21 pm

A. Das Miles Model - (Kraftwerk vs. Madonna)
13%
B. Hung Black Magic Pipeline (Alan Parsons Project vs Madonna vs Carlos Santana)
17%
C. I Dreamed A Dream of Freedom (Vangelis vs. Lea Michele vs. Irena Menzel vs. Martin Luther King Jr.)
No votes
D. Get Lucky Big Time (Peter Gabriel vs. Daft Punk)
No votes
E. So Sick Of Parabolas (Tool vs. Ne-Yo - So Sick)
8%
F. Big Pressure Thumping Everybody (F. Mercury, D. Bowie, Chumbawamba, Tears For Fears & B. Rexha vs. Muse)
13%
G. Don't Stop Loving Yourself (Justin Bieber vs. Journey)
21%
H. Stand By Your Lonely Heart (Rachel Platten vs. Yes)
17%
I. Die for Mashups (Rush vs. Manowar)
13%

Total votes : 24

Re: Mashup Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:55 pm

DJ Firth wrote:I'm pretty sure it was only (informally) introduced because someone, I think HCD, had won twice in a row and someone joked he should give others a chance :1laugh: When the competition run in the past and when I re-launched it, I never had any reason to think it shouldn't be allowed to be honest, hence why I never put it formally in the new rules. Don't wanna undermine you HCD, but where's the harm in letting people enter after winning?
No harm.

Journey is or at least was Prog Rock. :1smiley:

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:12 pm

DJ Firth wrote:I'm pretty sure it was only (informally) introduced because someone, I think HCD, had won twice in a row and someone joked he should give others a chance When the competition run in the past and when I re-launched it, I never had any reason to think it shouldn't be allowed to be honest, hence why I never put it formally in the new rules. Don't wanna undermine you HCD, but where's the harm in letting people enter after winning?

I think that the current situation is a little different too...Nerd42 missed out on his first chance to pick a theme, then satis5d passed the buck back to him. So I would think that if Nerd42 were to win this month it would only be fair for him to defer back to satis5d, and if satis5d were to win, he would get to pick the next one. I certainly know that if I would have won, I would have passed the buck to satis5d, since I already got to pick a theme after not being an actual winner.

I thought I had a good shot at winning, too, which was perhaps the most disheartening thing about my computer crashing. But now that I'm hearing all these fantastic tracks trickling in, I am feeling worse about my chances and better (EDIT: slightly less devastated) about my computer crashing :1smiley:

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:47 am

People take these competitions seriously. Great stuff so far, guys. Hope to see a few more roll in before the 22nd.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:02 pm

MashGyver wrote:Well...had a great one in the works, but looks like my hard drive failed :1angry: Wish me luck! See you guys again some day!

I feel bad for you pal, would hate for this to happen :1embarassed: If you would like to team up with me I'm happy for that, as it's a shame that you've been ruled out for something that's not your fault. If you want, I can send you the song before you make your choice as it may not be to your liking, but I am willing to change it. I was up for giving next months to satis5d too, as I can't think of an idea (plus aren't likely to win :1grin: ). It's just an idea, if joint is allowed, won't be offended if you tell me to "F**k off!" ha :1grin:

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:34 pm

MashGyver wrote:I certainly know that if I would have won, I would have passed the buck to satis5d, since I already got to pick a theme after not being an actual winner.

richc100 wrote: I was up for giving next months to satis5d too, as I can't think of an idea (plus aren't likely to win :1grin: ).

Thanks guys! They say it's the thought that counts. :1smiley:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:27 pm

richc100 wrote:It's just an idea, if joint is allowed, won't be offended if you tell me to "F**k off!" ha :1grin:

Thanks, richc100. Won't tell you to eff off, because that's a really nice offer, but I think I'm gonna spend the next week or two worrying about getting my computer fixed, and ignoring my wife and kids less than usual :1wink:

1 star User

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Some more great entries this month :1grin:

Rachel Platten vs Yes - Stand By Your Lonely Heart (Ronko & Rozlo Mashup)

No Flash Installed

https://hearthis.at/ronko/rachel-platten-vs-yes-stand-by-your-lonely-heart-ronko-rozlo-mashystixy-mash/

Sources:

Rachel Platten - Stand By You (Instrumental)
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart (Acapella/Guitar)

1 star User

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:18 pm

MashGyver wrote:
richc100 wrote:It's just an idea, if joint is allowed, won't be offended if you tell me to "F**k off!" ha :1grin:

Thanks, richc100. Won't tell you to eff off, because that's a really nice offer, but I think I'm gonna spend the next week or two worrying about getting my computer fixed, and ignoring my wife and kids less than usual :1wink:

Ah that's fair enough pal, I'd probably do the same :1grin: and cheers for not telling me to eff off :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Here it is, my very silly idea. It's more metal than prog, but Rush adds the prog.

DJ Nerd42 - Die for Mashups (Rush vs Manowar)

No Flash Installed

https://soundcloud.com/nerd42/dj-nerd42 ... vs-manowar

Sources:
Rush - Tom Sawyer (Vocals)
Manowar - Die for Metal (Most of it ... way too much actually)
Jay-Z (saying "Mashups" instead of "Metal" for teh lulz)

Re: Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock {SUBMISSIONS DUE TODAY!}

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:39 am

We have nine submissions so far (by my count) which is great! YITT, MashGyver and Firth claim they have mixes in the works (though Mash's mix may not be ready in time) so it looks like we're going to have another hum-dinger of a contest this month.

Just a reminder that today is the last day to get your entries in.
Tomorrow the voting starts.

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>