Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock: DJ Firth wins!!!!

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Vote For Your Favourite Mash

Poll ended at Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:21 pm

A. Das Miles Model - (Kraftwerk vs. Madonna)
13%
B. Hung Black Magic Pipeline (Alan Parsons Project vs Madonna vs Carlos Santana)
17%
C. I Dreamed A Dream of Freedom (Vangelis vs. Lea Michele vs. Irena Menzel vs. Martin Luther King Jr.)
No votes
D. Get Lucky Big Time (Peter Gabriel vs. Daft Punk)
No votes
E. So Sick Of Parabolas (Tool vs. Ne-Yo - So Sick)
8%
F. Big Pressure Thumping Everybody (F. Mercury, D. Bowie, Chumbawamba, Tears For Fears & B. Rexha vs. Muse)
13%
G. Don't Stop Loving Yourself (Justin Bieber vs. Journey)
21%
H. Stand By Your Lonely Heart (Rachel Platten vs. Yes)
17%
I. Die for Mashups (Rush vs. Manowar)
13%

Total votes : 24

Re: Mashup Mashoff #36 - Progressive Rock

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Go ahead and post it. One of us can't win this month, but no mod has made it clear which one yet.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Nerd42 wrote:Can I enter the contest, even though it was my theme?

I am working on a very silly idea

is called "DIE FOR MASHUPS"

Contest creators have in the recent past, so go for it. There's really just a minor advantage at best in choosing the theme you will submit a track for anyway. No problem.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:23 am

Well...had a great one in the works, but looks like my hard drive failed :1angry: Wish me luck! See you guys again some day!

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:22 pm

That stinks, MashGyver. I was looking forward to hearing what you were working on. Maybe we'll hear it after the contest?
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:13 pm

satis5d wrote:That stinks, MashGyver. I was looking forward to hearing what you were working on. Maybe we'll hear it after the contest?
Man, I was looking forward to sharing it! It was a pretty big project, but was probably only a day or two away from being done. There's a chance my data is salvageable, but in the worst case that I have to start over, I think this one would be worth it to me to do so. So yes, you'll probably hear it someday!

1 star User

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:29 am

Wow that is really rough. I had a hard drive crash during the production of "White Materia" and decided to just release it instead of redoing it to fix it, which is why you hear some problems on the day-one release. I have since gone back and actually fixed the problems on it by redoing alot of the tracks, but fewer people have heard the updated version. Anyway that was really discouraging and I almost thought that might be my last album. But I didn't actually lose any of my archive of multitracks so I'm still in business.

They are all on one external hard drive though .... I really need to back it up somehow

Anyway my point is don't let that stop you. You can come back from this!

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:45 am

Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Chumbawamba,
Tears For Fears & Bebe Rexha vs. Muse

(Big Pressure Thumping Everybody)

No Flash Installed

DOWNLOAD

Instrumental: Muse - Big freeze
Vocals: Freddie Mercury - Under Pressure (feat. David Bowie)
Vocals: Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Vocals: Tears For Fears- Everybody wants to rule the world
Vocals: G-Eazy ft. Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:30 am

YITT wrote:

Contest creators have in the recent past, so go for it. There's really just a minor advantage at best in choosing the theme you will submit a track for anyway. No problem.
It was agreed upon, though not formally, that the winner is not allowed to enter his own Mashoff. In this case Sati5d would not be allowed to enter. You on the other hand Nerd are allowed even though you did pick the theme so feel free to enter!

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:59 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:
YITT wrote:

It was agreed upon, though not formally, that the winner is not allowed to enter his own Mashoff. In this case Sati5d would not be allowed to enter. You on the other hand Nerd are allowed even though you did pick the theme so feel free to enter!

I'm pretty sure it was only (informally) introduced because someone, I think HCD, had won twice in a row and someone joked he should give others a chance :1laugh: When the competition run in the past and when I re-launched it, I never had any reason to think it shouldn't be allowed to be honest, hence why I never put it formally in the new rules. Don't wanna undermine you HCD, but where's the harm in letting people enter after winning?

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:31 am

Don't Stop Loving Yourself
Journey - Don't Stop Believing (instrumental stems)
Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (acapella)
Additional drums and fx

No Flash Installed

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d53xdp9ho6p2b ... 9.mp3?dl=0

If anyone spots something wrong with then lemme know, spent so long warping it all I might have missed something :1tongue:

Oh and please tell me Journey are prog rock? :1laugh:

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>