Champion Burial (Queen vs Thirty Seconds To Mars)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Champion Burial (Queen vs Thirty Seconds To Mars)

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:13 pm

______________________Old Description___________________________________________

This old mashup joint is dedicated, currently, to one of the mods, DRA'man (don't worry, he's still fine and alive, just a little hurt emotionally :1wink:)

"It's originally about a veridic story of a funeral of a very worldwide famous football player, Eusébio, in which represents a will of a whole nation in assisting, for the last time, the departure of a portuguese veteran patriot in a sport which the best ones prevail for ages."

Enjoy it as long as you like, since this one isn't properly to be intended to be on FP. :1smiley:

Though time passes by and, with that, reasons increase and/or mutate themselves.

Nowadays, this represents everyone whose defeat is so heavy that the only way to wake up from that nightmare is to not put their own foot on their own mouth and carry on with lowered head, if needed...

And now that this mashup is somehow decent to be properly evaluated, let me know your thoughts and, this time, it is to be FP'ed for real!

Old Version:
YouTube Version (only one available)

Current Version:

No Flash Installed

DL It Here!
Last edited by GladiLord on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Re: Champion Burial (Queen vs Thirty Seconds To Mars)

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:44 am

Wow man - big effort! That's quite a job you did with re-pitching I think. Not easy to match sources in 3-4 time.

Now, have you got a mashup that encapsulates some fool putting his foot in his mouth? :1embarassed:

2 Star User

Tee-Wee!

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:23 am

g4gorilla wrote:Wow man - big effort! That's quite a job you did with re-pitching I think. Not easy to match sources in 3-4 time.

It wasn't easy, indeed. But it was very enjoyable and pleasant to hear it, while doing it :1wink:

g4gorilla wrote:Now, have you got a mashup that encapsulates some fool putting his foot in his mouth? :1embarassed:

WOW! :1shocked: It wasn't any ordinary fool putting a foot in his mouth! It was THE ultimate fool putting his 2 feet in every soccer mouth, that lead Portugal to World Cup for the first time at '66, putting then, in their debut, in 3rd place... and in a time where few nations where, actually, addicted to it!

He's is Eusébio, after all, not Lionel "Mesas" (tables) or Cristiano "Relvado" (grass)! :1laugh:

But yeah, this may be a little too much for his hearse... Whatever, he deserves it! :1grin:

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:28 am

no G - I meant me and my foot. :1wink:

2 Star User

Hahahaha!

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:33 am

g4gorilla wrote:no G - I meant me and my foot. :1wink:

Oh... ok, seems legit, then?
Don't worry, my soccer techniques are, as well, very weak, to the point of being hitted in the balls by a shoot every game. (I'm a goalkeeper, mainly) ;)

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:41 am

Ah - I think my point is being lost in translation. I'm not talking about soccer.

To "put your foot in your mouth" is an expression that means to "say something stupid" like I did the other day... :1undecided:

2 Star User

Well...

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:46 am

g4gorilla wrote:Ah - I think my point is being lost in translation. I'm not talking about soccer.

To "put your foot in your mouth" is an expression that means to "say something stupid" like I did the other day... :1undecided:

AAAAHHHH... soz from myself, I'm not familiar yet to foreign expressions! :1embarassed:
But no worries, you weren't that much clueless... you had being just a little careless, that's all. It happens, even with the best ones (and being me still a pip-squeek chick, if you know what I mean)
:1wink:

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:36 pm

GladiLord wrote:Enjoy it as long as you like, since this one isn't properly to be intended to be on FP. :1smiley:

As you wrote this I decided to listen to it as such and I'm really glad I did; instead of listening to critique it as consideration for recommend/FP, I instead just listened to enjoy it - and enjoy I did!

Despite the sound quality, this combo made me smile and isn't that what mashups are all about anyway? :1grin:

2 Star User

Yay!

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:12 am

DJ Firth wrote:Despite the sound quality, this combo made me smile and isn't that what mashups are all about anyway? :1grin:

Yes, it is! Glad you think about that, as well. :1wink:

2 Star User

Okay...

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 am

I know it's a bit late for this to arrive, but...

UPDATES ON THIS ONE:

---Instrumental---
- Instrumental's varispeed and tone lowered to 1 semitone compared to the original source (instead of 3, which was the case of the previous versions)
- Applied some EQ balance measures, such as lowering the peaks and slightly boosting central spectrum.

---Vocals---
- Pitch-corrected and timing-corrected in order to fit the instrumental's mood (which , besides being incomplete, wasn't much noticeable on the previous version)
- Applied distortion and slight reverb to balance the vocals' peak edges.

Hope You enjoy this "reborn" track! :1grin:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>