Mashup collab invitation: Linkin Park vs Anime OSTs

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
1 star User

Mashup collab invitation: Linkin Park vs Anime OSTs

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi there. I'm that crazy Linkin Park obsessed guy no one listens to who drops entire mashup concept albums like White Materia: Final Fantasy VII Mashups (2013), Linkin Things (2015), Sound of the Inaudible (2016) and the Post Traumatic Hamilton EP. (2018)

I'd like to make a whole album with help from other mashup artists. The idea here is for a whole album of A+B mashups based on the following:

Source 1: A track (I suggest vocals) from Linkin Park's debut album "Hybrid Theory" (2000) Each participant signs up for doing one Hybrid Theory track on this thread. Using elements from the corresponding remixed track on "Reanimation" (2002) is also fine. Contact me if you need help getting Linkin Park multitracks, but they've been leaking like crazy all over the Internet for many years and their songs are super formulaic so this is one of the easiest bands in the world to get started doing mashups with. It's all 4/4 time, all recorded on a digital click track, there are no complex chords, you can be completely braindead and still make a Linkin Park track.

Source 2: Any music (I suggest instrumental) from any anime soundtrack, any genre, any artist or composer, any decade, bonus points for nostalgia. I judge that Toonami also counts as an anime for our purposes, as do tracks from video games obviously related to anime. (like Steins;Gate) Even cooler if you can string together several of these. No hentai.

I've gotta be honest: I don't know a word of Japanese, so if you go with Japanese vocals, we're going to want some kind of translation so we know they aren't telling people to join ISIS or whatever.

To sign up, let me know who you are, what Hybrid Theory track you want to do and (only if you already know it) what anime soundtrack you have in mind. Please be prepared to provide a lossless quality version of your track when you get it done, and let me know if you won't be able to do it so I can get it done some other way. No deadlines yet.

• Papercut - OPEN
  • One Step Closer - OPEN
  • With You - OPEN
  • Points Of Authority - OPEN
  • Crawling - OPEN
  • Runaway - OPEN
  • By Myself - OPEN
  • In The End - OPEN
  • A Place For My Head - Artist: DJ Nerd42, Anime: .hack//SIGN
  • Forgotten - OPEN
  • Cure For The Itch - OPEN
  • Pushing Me Away - OPEN
  • My December - OPEN
  • High Voltage - OPEN

We also need album artwork, preferably something that combines the soldier visual motif from the original Hybrid Theory and Reanimation album covers with anime somehow, or maybe just a collage of characters from all the animes used.

I did a track like this way back when I got started working on mashups in 2006. It was one of my first ideas. Check out how terrible I was:

phpBB [media]

I plan on remaking this track from scratch at some point with my improved skills whether this collab idea gets off the ground or not. It's going on the album. But what I'd really love would be for there to be a whole album of Linkin Park vs anime and I hope some of you might be able to help make it happen.

The idea is to finish the project at some point before the 20th anniversary of Hybrid Theory in 2020. If you guys just hate anime then I guess we could change it to not be about anime, but I think it would be really cool to have a whole series of tracks that go on a musical journey with a theme.

2 Star User

Challenge accepted!

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:07 pm

When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

1 star User

Re: Mashup collab invitation: Linkin Park vs Anime OSTs

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm already doing Place For My Head with .hack//SIGN. Sounds like you've already got a mix for Points of Authority.

It sounds like your Points of Authority mix has too much drums going on though. Would you consider fixing that for this project?

2 Star User

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Nerd42 wrote:I'm already doing Place For My Head with .hack//SIGN. Sounds like you've already got a mix for Points of Authority.

It sounds like your Points of Authority mix has too much drums going on though. Would you consider fixing that for this project?

Hmm... nice idea... I'll see what I can do in regards to that ^^

1 star User

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm

For Points of Authority, we have the separated tracks from DJ Hero 2 and also the surround sound mix from Reanimation. I would recommend using those as the basis for your track.

2 Star User

Hmm... -_-

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:31 pm

I'v heard by now the Reanimation isolated vocal track... I rather prefer my DIY Acapella of it, on which I can send ya ASAP

1 star User

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 pm

I'm skeptical. Maybe I should've said "no DIY crap" in the original post because we have so much good official separations out now in various forms, it would just be icky to have all the tracks with nice crisp clear vocals and then one with a bunch of DIY interference

2 Star User

-_-'

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:28 am

Ok, ok... you're the one who knows it... then fine, I'll use the Reanimation acapella release.
Happy? :1cheesy:

Re: -_-'

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:02 pm

GladiLord wrote:Ok, ok... you're the one who knows it... then fine, I'll use the Reanimation acapella release.
Happy? :1cheesy:

:1laugh: :1laugh: :1laugh:
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Return to Stix chat