What's up with sowndhaus?

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges

What's up with sowndhaus?

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Does anyone know what's going on with sowndhaus.com lately. The site seems to be down. :1sad:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Re: What's up with sowndhaus?

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:22 am

Copyright Police took away their domain. :1angry:

They are now at https://sowndhaus.audio

Apparently a .com domain can be blocked but other suffixes are immune...

1 star User

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 am

It was quite an inconvenience but as Mashguyver says we're back up and now at https://sowndhaus.audio

Unfortunately this means all links and embeds to the .com site will be broken. Your submission board will be full of dead ends. I don't know if Paul can work some php magic and replace all old sowndhaus.com links with sowndhaus.audio?
I believe your frontpage has local copies so that should be alright.

Also there is currently no way to tell users who don't follow us on fb or twitter that we have moved so there's thousands of people who won't know. If you could spread the word that'd be great.
There is a chance that we can get the .com domain back as it no longer points to allegedly "infringing" files. But we can't use it to link or refer to the new site. If we can we'll place a message there at least to explain the situation but when renewal time comes it will die for good.

MashGyver wrote:Apparently a .com domain can be blocked but other suffixes are immune...

Not quite immune, just less likely to immediately suspend a domain on a merit-less DMCA claim.
.audio might not be our final form and we're taking steps to ensure our domain has full legal protection.

2 Star User

Hmm... that's a war against time, then?

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:28 pm

As far as I heard, mashups are being pushed away from the boarders due to their wild nature, which is NOT a good thing for us, mashupers, and even less good for the fans of this genre.

Well, I guess that leading the mashup domain to Deep Web depths seems to be the main goal of DMCA, however i hope being wrong... for the obvious reasons. :1cry:

Anyways, only time will tell if we survive to this hellish monsoon or if we go for good. :1sad:
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 am

Mashups will survive.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

All Star User

Re: Hmm... that's a war against time, then?

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:55 pm

GladiLord wrote:As far as I heard, mashups are being pushed away from the boarders due to their wild nature, which is NOT a good thing for us, mashupers, and even less good for the fans of this genre.

Well, I guess that leading the mashup domain to Deep Web depths seems to be the main goal of DMCA, however i hope being wrong... for the obvious reasons. :1cry:

Anyways, only time will tell if we survive to this hellish monsoon or if we go for good. :1sad:

its all happend before a few times, i made a short documentary about it :1rolleyes: :1laugh:
phpBB [media]

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 am

It looks as though there may be issues at sowndhaus.audio now. :1undecided: Pom is looking into it.

Return to Stix chat