Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
2 Star User

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:31 pm

IDK if I'm onto something or it's a total travesty

Yes! You are on to something, this sounds great already :1cheesy:
there's a couple of key issues, but minor..
As satis5d said: this is a great combo!

Please do finish this one Sgt.Mash :1wink:

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:25 pm

Damn, I should have remembered this thread before making that Sesame Street/Icona Pop abomination.
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

2 Star User

Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:47 am

The first time i heard this i thought, no worries! Someone has already done a mashup of this and the BEP-My humps.. Searched for it, but no match ?? Anyway, this is an Youtube video mashup made on the fly.. A+B! But if it is wort it, be my guest to finish it :1wink:
I my self have absolutely no time to do it :1cry:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbjxeovk8ch4ku6/Tiesto%20Vs%20BEP%20test%201.mp3?dl=0

2 Star User

Post Sun May 06, 2018 11:01 am

GOTYE...done to death, but its another one where my kids singing along to their tablet (this time not listening to the instrumental, just singing the original) and I could just hear it:

Nanobyte Gotye - Who the Hell's That? IDK!

No Flash Installed

Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j6jk8wz4b7q8nt ... 0Gotye.mp3

Happy to dump it, but it's got the SgtMash emo feel imo... tell me if I'm deluded and just like it 'cos me elder nipper gave me the idea xx

Post Sun May 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Dude, that sounds way too good to ditch.

I think it's been long enough since Gotye mashups were getting on everyone's nerves.

If you want to lessen the impact, maybe introduce a nice rap with a similar theme (not always easy), then just use Gotye for the chorus.

Post Mon May 07, 2018 5:46 am

SgtMash wrote:GOTYE...done to death, but its another one where my kids singing along to their tablet (this time not listening to the instrumental, just singing the original) and I could just hear it:

Nanobyte Gotye - Who the Hell's That? IDK!

No Flash Installed

Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j6jk8wz4b7q8nt ... 0Gotye.mp3

Happy to dump it, but it's got the SgtMash emo feel imo... tell me if I'm deluded and just like it 'cos me elder nipper gave me the idea xx

I say... "DO IT!" :1smiley:
Definitely has the SgtMash emo feels. You make Gotye sound fresh.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:51 am

Hi, new guy here - couldn't see an 'Introduce Yourself' thread so this seems like a good place to start, seeing as it's more accessible regarding uploads than the 'Submit' section.

This is, other than tape mashups I attempted back in the late 80s, probably the first DAW based mash I've completed.

I refer to it as 'Clouds Come & Go', and it features the tracks:
Julee Cruise - Falling/Twin Peaks Theme
Police - Every Little Thing
+ additional production
(there's also a Deep Dish sample in there but its so warped to be unrecognisable)

It was originally started back in 2007/2008 and is based on a mistake/careless use of warp markers in Live Lite 4 which was bundled free with a Trigger Finger. The arrangement was started out in Logic 4.8 after I worked in Live to sketch & stretch the main parts out, then transferred to 6, then 8, then X.

Additional software was TC Electronics Spark II, NI Reaktor ensembles - either Resochord or Metaphysical Function, and I really can't remember what else, it was so long ago.

Without further ado, I present to you - Clouds Come & Go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_H6l8aCtYc

Previous

Return to Stix chat