Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
2 Star User

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:06 am

@Gladilord, I can't seem to play your mashup at all for some reason?

@YITT - I kinda liked it, but overall it might be best if you could find a different acapella that have a fast pace to it (like SgtMash example)

@DJ-Legato - This is gonna be a biased opinion, as I hate the Power of Love :1laugh: . It fits together but remains me one of that karaoke night out you have with friends on a drunken bender. Again, biased opinion, it might go down like hot cakes for a few folks.
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

1 star User

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys!

YITT wrote
When she finally starts singing, sounds worth it to me! Vocals sound really nicely mixed, already, too.

Jupps! I have to cut out about 45sec to the intro or ad some Celine vocals there :1laugh: Thanks for the feedback YITT Ive used a DIY pella so the blending took me awhile, glad you liked it :1wink:

GladiLord wrote
Leggato's mash with Miley and Celine Dion sounding great, it ressembles more of a Crumplbanger than a serious mash itself, therefore it would be hardly a FP contender, unless you could find a 3rd source to add on it

Not sure what a Crumplbanger is ? Thanks Gladi :1smiley:

Ryson wrote
DJ-Legato - This is gonna be a biased opinion, as I hate the Power of Love :1laugh: . It fits together but remains me one of that karaoke night out you have with friends on a drunken bender. Again, biased opinion, it might go down like hot cakes for a few folks.

Thanks for that biased opinion Ryson, I can guarantee you that none of my drunken friends sounds anything like Miley :1grin:

Ill probably not gonna finish this one at all, but it was a fun try for me.. Thanks a million for the feedback :1cool:

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky) - Opinions

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:29 pm

GladiLord wrote:- satis5d (and i need you to answer me this ASAP): is your Disney Love Story mashup done? If not, you should do it; it sounded something I would do. :1laugh:

Forgive me, GladiLord, I tried to respond to this shortly after you posted it but I was getting a weird error every time I tried to post anything here, and then I forgot about your request. The short answer is that I do plan to finish the Beautiful Love Story mashup. Unfortunately, the advice I'm receiving seems unanimous that I would do well to speed the instrumental up a bit, which could mean that I have to start this project from scratch. I will first attempt to finish it as-is and then see what happens when I varispeed the whole thing a bit.

Furthermore, I'm now long-term temporarily back in Canada (where I was born) and my mashup computer is still in Texas. I have a new laptop with Pro Tools First installed, but it's just not the same. That coupled with the fact that I started a new full-time job has put a serious damper on my mashing time. But I will eventually get that mashup done! :1rolleyes:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

Previous

Return to Stix chat