Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
2 Star User

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky)

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:06 am

@Gladilord, I can't seem to play your mashup at all for some reason?

@YITT - I kinda liked it, but overall it might be best if you could find a different acapella that have a fast pace to it (like SgtMash example)

@DJ-Legato - This is gonna be a biased opinion, as I hate the Power of Love :1laugh: . It fits together but remains me one of that karaoke night out you have with friends on a drunken bender. Again, biased opinion, it might go down like hot cakes for a few folks.
Please visit me at
Hearthis.at
Youtube
Facebook

1 star User

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys!

YITT wrote
When she finally starts singing, sounds worth it to me! Vocals sound really nicely mixed, already, too.

Jupps! I have to cut out about 45sec to the intro or ad some Celine vocals there :1laugh: Thanks for the feedback YITT Ive used a DIY pella so the blending took me awhile, glad you liked it :1wink:

GladiLord wrote
Leggato's mash with Miley and Celine Dion sounding great, it ressembles more of a Crumplbanger than a serious mash itself, therefore it would be hardly a FP contender, unless you could find a 3rd source to add on it

Not sure what a Crumplbanger is ? Thanks Gladi :1smiley:

Ryson wrote
DJ-Legato - This is gonna be a biased opinion, as I hate the Power of Love :1laugh: . It fits together but remains me one of that karaoke night out you have with friends on a drunken bender. Again, biased opinion, it might go down like hot cakes for a few folks.

Thanks for that biased opinion Ryson, I can guarantee you that none of my drunken friends sounds anything like Miley :1grin:

Ill probably not gonna finish this one at all, but it was a fun try for me.. Thanks a million for the feedback :1cool:

Re: Is It Worth It? (Sticky) - Opinions

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:29 pm

GladiLord wrote:- satis5d (and i need you to answer me this ASAP): is your Disney Love Story mashup done? If not, you should do it; it sounded something I would do. :1laugh:

Forgive me, GladiLord, I tried to respond to this shortly after you posted it but I was getting a weird error every time I tried to post anything here, and then I forgot about your request. The short answer is that I do plan to finish the Beautiful Love Story mashup. Unfortunately, the advice I'm receiving seems unanimous that I would do well to speed the instrumental up a bit, which could mean that I have to start this project from scratch. I will first attempt to finish it as-is and then see what happens when I varispeed the whole thing a bit.

Furthermore, I'm now long-term temporarily back in Canada (where I was born) and my mashup computer is still in Texas. I have a new laptop with Pro Tools First installed, but it's just not the same. That coupled with the fact that I started a new full-time job has put a serious damper on my mashing time. But I will eventually get that mashup done! :1rolleyes:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.com

1 star User

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:26 am

GladiLord wrote:Metallica's Whiskey In The Jar with Katy's Last Friday Night... what do you think?
The Instrumental was DIY'ed by myself, even though there may be some flaws on EQ'ing... lemme know your thoughts :1smiley:

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (vocals)
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar (instrumental)

Is It Worth it?

No Flash Installed

I wanted to check this out. Especially because I think Katy's voice works very well over rock music but the preview didn't work.

1 star User

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 am

Into You - Ariana Grande
Youth Gone Wild- Skid Row

Note: Not mixed.

The instrumental doesn't exist out there (at least a good studio version) for Youth Gone Wild. I made this version by finding a backing track and playing guitar a half-step tuned down. Plot twist: I actually worked with Skid Row doing sound check/monitors about a decade ago. Got cussed out by them! Didn't think to put a multi-track recording on stage at the time.

No Flash Installed

2 Star User

As for my experimental mashup...

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Adam Dutch wrote:I wanted to check this out. Especially because I think Katy's voice works very well over rock music but the preview didn't work.

I'll solve that (in fact, I should had solved)... and it's... DONE! Now You can hear it clearly
:1smiley:
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Previous

Return to Stix chat